Help !!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beartown550

Airman
Jan 28, 2020
I'm planning on building the Monogram Visible B-17 (second release) Any tips and hints on this build would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Good luck! Fits are not up to current standards, but with the clear side, you're not going to be filling the long joint. There are aftermarket accessories available for this model. I used an old Verlinden detail-up set and the Eduard Brassard Resin Engines and details. They're not for the faint-of-heart, but they make a huge improvement over the rudimentary kit details. The Verlinden set was fair. I wouldn't recommend it, and I doubt it's easy to find these days. The engine set even included the pulley and belt on the prop governor. That was not easy to install. Have fun! I detailed the full build of this model in 2016 on this sit. Look it up.
Complete Engines.jpg

The Verlinden kit did include some photo-etch to convert the old tail gunner's glazing to the "Cheyenne" change which was in many of the G models later in the war. It was also common for late model Gs to be in natural metal since the Luftwaffe no longer was able to target British airfields and the camouflage was no longer needed. It was not camo for the air. It was to obscure them on the ground. The more scale 50 cals were also in the Verlinden set. They were VERY delicate.

Cheyenne Tail.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back