Army Air Corps Museum (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:

Last edited:
Great stuff Gary. Last time I was there, back in 1995, I seem to remember the lighting was rather dim. Are the Soviet-made AFVs still parked outside? I couldn't get pics of them at the time, as it was persisting down !

Still nice pictures. The ones I tried taking inside the musuem in Korea is much worse. My flash died and most of the lights were off becuase it was close to closing time.

DBII

Excellent shots Gary. I like your commentary to.:lol: Museum lighting can be a real b!tc, but you fared really well sir. And as for the holding your breath, DON'T! Just relax and breath steady and watch for the spot that is the most stable. Mine is at the end of a exhale. If you hold your breath you get shaky and pass out like you said.:lol: It's just like target shooting a rifle.

Here are a few from me.
As Gary said, we had to find our own camera steadys!!

The green lump is from Hangar 5 and shows bullet damage from the Luftwaffe raid in August 1940. A bomb exploded in the hangar and blew the door off crushing several airman who were trying to close it.

Middle Wallop was one of the most unchanged Battle of Britain airfields (and is still grass). There are many original buildings with camo traces on the walls.

Attachments

• MAF1.jpg
    MAF1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 96
  • MAF2.jpg
    MAF2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 81
  • MAF3.jpg
    MAF3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 104
  • MAF4.jpg
    MAF4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 98
  • MAF5.jpg
    MAF5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 150
  • MAF6.jpg
    MAF6.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 93
  • MAF7.jpg
    MAF7.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 93
  • MAF8.jpg
    MAF8.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 81
  • MAF9.jpg
    MAF9.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 98
  • MAF10.jpg
    MAF10.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 88
I love those grips Aaron! I first saw it about 20 years ago in a store room and suggested they put it on display!! It is the best (probably never fitted) condition KG12 I have ever seen....I prefer mine as it has 5 kill marks.

I have been wondering how we (as a forum) could establish an online museum of our stuff...!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back