Artesh photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweet cutlery. Are those blades made with tempered steel?
Yes, they are made by tempered steel.
I finally read through the whole thread. Many great photos but still one question. Did you ever marry your girl friend?
Thank you for your time and effort, and I hope that you've enjoyed this thread.

Regarding your question, we are not married yet, two main reasons are the economical situation and different religions. I'm Christian, and she is Muslim. The laws, do not allow a non Muslim male marries a Muslim girl, but vise verse is acceptable.

Tempered steel means high quality versus the stainless crap we usually end up with here. A stainless edge won't hold up and dulls too fast. As for marrying your girl friend, too bad you don't live here.
Yes, those swords / knives are made for daily usage. Some other are just made for show / decoration and are much cheaper than these. Needless to talk about "Ceremonial" weapons that are made from pure Gold or Silver and are decorated with gemstones and other valuable item on grip and cabard.

There is show that I watch here that some of our forum friends would know named "Forged in Fire'. It would be great to see how some of your blade smiths compare to the ones here.
I've seen parts of it from "manoto" TV, several years ago ... Very nice show. I strongly agree with that idea.

2021-10-22 , Behesht -e Zahra, Tehran. That Friday was my turn to clean the surrounding, Good time to take some shots, as well.

Here is the place that I've referred to in the Pilot's Photo Thread. This is the wall with names of MIA Pilots, Technicians, and enlisted men during Iran Iraq War, of course, not all of them, even not entire Air Force MIA's.

Here are names in above, from top to bottom:

Have in mind that all ranks are posthumously.
Major General (Pilot) Al -e Aqa, Seyyed Mohammad Hashem - b. 1955 - MIA since 1984-08-11 over Persian Gulf.

Major General (Pilot) Vakili Zahir, Mohammad - b. 1950 - MIA since 1980-10-11 over Bostan.

Private First Class Askar zadeh, Mehdi - b. 1961 - MIA since 1982-07-17 during Operation Ramadan in Shalamcheh area.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_123842.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread