Artesh photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Something for Shinpachi Shinpachi - san

img_20230310_085311_41y8.jpg

Brass ring with Tehran's twin towers, Azadi and Milad, and some other landmarks from Iran.

img_20230310_101440_k1ia.jpg

I've posted the airframe previously, here are the wings of downed Iraqi Plane, and one of engines, I believe.

img_20230310_103703_80ay.jpg

img_20230310_103721_ltfe.jpg

Yes, and it seems that "valuable parts" are removed.

I just wonder are these wings "repairable"? Asking, because I don't see any major damage on them.

It depends on what you mean by the valuable parts.

"repairable" but not to airworthy state. The skin damages can be fixed. The leading edge is quite damaged but repairable as well. But the damage of the additional wing spare that lost the main attaching point to the fuselage, is not for easy mending. The half of the structure of the fixed wing would have to be dismounted. Also the wing root aerofoil is damaged quite much. Especially at the front ans rear part. What is more all three other attaching points , similar to the main one, were torn away as well. I supposed there is more damaged pieces to the wing structure ( both of the fixed and movable section ) inside of the whole parts. It looks like the wings were ripped off the fuselage with a lot of force.

It depends on what you mean by the valuable parts.

"repairable" but not to airworthy state. The skin damages can be fixed. The leading edge is quite damaged but repairable as well. But the damage of the additional wing spare that lost the main attaching point to the fuselage, is not for easy mending. The half of the structure of the fixed wing would have to be dismounted. Also the wing root aerofoil is damaged quite much. Especially at the front ans rear part. What is more all three other attaching points , similar to the main one, were torn away as well. I supposed there is more damaged pieces to the wing structure ( both of the fixed and movable section ) inside of the whole parts. It looks like the wings were ripped off the fuselage with a lot of force.

Those parts that were considered "top secret" or were useable in / on other aircrafts of same type, or they were stragically / tactically important, kinda like the camera and belonging things on RF-4E Photo Phantom.

The wreckage , as can be seen, is just a pile of metal with some cables ... And is placed in outdoors, without any note or anything about the plane and her fate!

About the wings, I assume there are ok to be attached to the main airframe for showcase, to show the real size of the plane, and at least, a shadow of her former glory.

I see.

But I'm afraid, the re-attaching to the main airframe isn't possible in this state. Just as I mentioned it above. All four attaching points ( marked as A,B,W and G in the bottom diagram ) are just ripped off. The correct shape/state of the wing root aerofoil and the wing structure you may see in the top diagram.

skrzydlo-s-s.jpg

wezmocskrz.jpg

the source: Portal Eskadra

Just out of curiosity, here is how much it worth in other currencies:

2 M Rials =

44.44 Euros

6304.86 Japanese Yen

208.65 Polish Złoty

38.96 British Pounds

5214.15 Serbian Denars

494.71 Swedish Kronas

218.59 Romanian Lei

3612.54 Russian Rubles

17527.47 Hungarian Forint

And what can I do whit it in Australia?
Well if your a burger fan and not restricted to that yucky McDonald's preserve. A good double burger of double beef, double cheese, streaky bacon, relish, onion, pickles and sauce with fries (French fries) or something similar but with chicken would run you about A$23-25 depending on who you go to. Mind you, if a pensioner like me, in many places they offer a 10% discount. Away from the food line, a pot of Tamiya acrylic paint will cost A$3.95 or a kit like the Airfix Mustang Mk.IV / P-51K Andy has just started on in GB 57, about A$63. :D

Last edited:
Well if your a burger fan and not restricted to that yucky McDonald's preserve. A good double burger of double beef, double cheese, streaky bacon, relish, onion, pickles and sauce with fries (French fries) or something similar but with chicken would run you about A$23-25 depending on who you go to. Mind you, if a pensioner like me, in many places they offer a 10% discount. Away from the food line, a pot of Tamiya acrylic paint will cost A$3.95 or a kit like the Airfix Mustang Mk.IV / P-51K Andy has just started on in GB 57, about A$63. :D
Now I want to go to an In-And-Out Burger. The franchise isn't in NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back