Artesh photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A short summer trip to the city of Arak, Markazi Province.

Midway stop at City of Qom:

IMG_20220907_113134.jpg

The Tehran - Qom highway (old) Pay-toll station.
Now it's paid by credit cards in most of major cities and towns entrances.

IMG_20220907_113158.jpg

A far view! Just imagine how was it, 100 or 200 years ago! (No cars, etc.)

IMG_20220907_113326.jpg

IMG_20220907_113350.jpg

IMG_20220907_113252.jpg

Most of Pay-toll stations, have these small parks and shops around them. Multiple Rest / Service areas along the road.

Hi Artesh, what are the vegtables in you two earlier posts and what food are they used in please ? They look amazing.

Hi Artesh, what are the vegtables in you two earlier posts and what food are they used in please ? They look amazing.
They are cauliflower hybrids. The top one is Veronica Romanesco Hybrid and the purple one is either Depurple or Graffiti Hybrid. It is sad that they are a rare luxury vegetable when many of us consider the a common on the shelf vegetable. I'm surprised at the lettuce and chicory being a luxury. :D

Our cauliflower's are not as good looking in Scotland and probably do not taste as good. Thanks.

Hi AL90, TBH, I don't know their names in English, my apologies.

These are mostly used in European / foreign dishes in nearby restaurants and hotels.

Most of "normal" people can't afford buying these, both because of price and taste.

They are cauliflower hybrids. The top one is Veronica Romanesco Hybrid and the purple one is either Depurple or Graffiti Hybrid. It is sad that they are a rare luxury vegetable when many of us consider the a common on the shelf vegetable. I'm surprised at the lettuce and chicory being a luxury. :D
Thank you Vic.

These vegetables are up to 10x more expensive than their normal counterparts, and the Tajrish Bazaar is the only place, in entire country, that you can find them, that's why they are called "luxury" and rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back