Assistance with identification please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The spinner looks like for Ju 87D indeed. But the yellow spiral on it seems to be something rare on Stuka spinners rather. It was white mostly. ALso ( as memo serves), the stuka spinner consisted of two parts riveted smoothly what can be seen in many images of Ju 87s. Here we can notice rivets with "salient heads". And the spinner mesh seems to be solid one with the inner bulkhead as a stiffener. Also the last ring making the rear edge of the spinner is open at areas for the prop blades. The next detail are these inner parts for the spinner attaching. I assum these were for a kind of lockers for the spinner fixing. I haven't noticed these things in any of pictures with Ju 87 in. So I don't think it's for the Stuka.

Attachments

• Ju-87D damaged1.jpg
    Ju-87D damaged1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
The dope looks too good as for the WW2 ramains. So I believe it can be a post-war thing.

Last edited:
The key would be in the stamped numbers 304 4 15 2. If there are any other marks, that would be helpful as well. Michiel, do these numbers look like German codes?

I agree with Wojtek that the yellow spiral was rare although not unheard of.

My vote is with Wurger. Post-war. Not only because the paint doesn't look aged after 70 years and is still bright but the dimensions of the spiral seem very off and... I dunno, just doesn't look right.

The numbers on it do not point to any german device. Ersatzteil numbers were coded per plane in different product groups

i.g a part from Triebwerksbedienungsgestänge would be coded like
Baugruppennummer 714
Untergruppennummer 13
Teilnummer 2
Bestellnummer 109.714 1302 which would be on a plate on the part.

The nabe (means spinner) would be coded with a 9 like 9-11014.24.

About being a ju88 spinner.

I do not think so The spinner i know are build like see picture 1-3 Look closely how it is put together. More over the attachement of the spinner to the shaft like like picture 6.

[/ATTACH]
ju88_01.jpg
ju88_02.jpg
ju88_03.jpg

ju88_06.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back