Assistance with identification please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think so. I was following your thread over at LEMB about Ersatzteil numbers and saw that the stamped numbers did not match the pattern the LW used. Also agree with you on the Ju88. The only spinner I can think of on a German WW2 aircraft that had such a point was a Stuka but even so, I don't think it's quite the same.

Attachments

• air_ju87_35.jpg
    air_ju87_35.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 68
So we all agree not a german wartime spinner then?

I think so. Looking at Ersatzteilliste for VDM props and spinners , any of these German WW2 spinners can't be the one in these pictures of the post #1. Just their construction looks really different because of the way these were made.

About VDM spinner disign (Flight Global)

The V.D.M. spinner consists of three main units—the nose cap, the rear shell and the back plate. The last-named is bolted to the back of the airscrew hub. To the front of the hub is attached a support ring, so that when the rear shell and nose cap (which, incidentally, are riveted together to form one component) are brought up to the airscrew hub the support ring fits into a steel retaining ring situated in the centre of a special bulkhead. Studs in the flange or inner ring at the back of the rear shell fit into corresponding holes drilled in an ingenious locking ring attached to the back plate. To detach the spinner it is only necessary to use a key to rotate the locking ring and so release the studs of the rear shell, which can be drawn off the airscrew hub.

Now if i count the rivets ( eekk!!) for the Ju87 hub and the one in question for detail with the cut out for the blade the Ju87 has 11, the question mark has 5

So although both (could be) VDM orientated hubs they are not the same so no Ju87 hub it is

Clipboard01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back