Avro Lancaster B1 "Mickey the Moocher"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a few like that too, JCS, but I can't think of any other way to find them. I am starting to arrange some of them by serial numbers so that they are easier to find. I often find a cool story about a particular plane and rather than to create yet another subfolder, I rename the file with the serial numebr first.

I used to do alphabetical too, NS, but it got too big and unwieldy. I like to keep things smaller in the main directories. But to each their own. If I had my drothers (What the hell is a drother anyway?), I would have a software that catalogued all the photos and made them available for viewing. There would be a database with it so you could really doa some granular searching and all that.

Sorry guys, but you have to catch up a bit -
I have 2.11 Gigabytes of aircraft info containing 14,306 files across 273 folders!!

theyre made up of mostly WW2 aircraft broken down into countries airforces, then the individual aircraft e.g RAF, supermarine spitfire, Luftwaffe Bf109 etc. subdivided into images, docs, media (sound movies), lineart profiles.

i'm still trying to break it down further into individual squadrons etc. but it will take me ages!!

I had to add some more folders to mine about a month ago, as I've been saving a lot more pics. Now to get to the pics I'd have to go to: Pictures/Planes/World War 2/Regia Aeronautica/Bombers/Piaggio P.108/P.108B/Pictures.

Its a pain though when I'm saving pictures, having to go through all those folders.

i still stand by my way, i have my lancaster folder with 250+ images, with 4 folders for modern lancs and profiles, the others are all just loose, but because of the alphabetical order and the fact most pics start with the plane's mark, they're in order of mark, and i have about 10 random pics of other aircraft in my pictures, which i've only kept because i like, it's mush simpler to organise your pics, when you don't have any :lol:

My way sucks, but it's just because I can't be bothered to sort them all out at this point. :lol:
Man, I've got pics I've long forgotten about. I'm sure I've got duplicates of half of them. Maybe triplicates in some cases.

I just have Warbirds and then a manufacturer. For Reggiane aircraft I go DT's Folder/Warbirds/Reggiane and then I have to look myself ;) 50 folders at the moment, about 100 loose pics waiting to be categorized, Ive done German aircraft, im just rounding off my collection of Italian aircraft and then im moving on to British aircraft.

I dont want hundreds - I only have hundreds of the planes I really like ;) I think im gonna have sort it into planes as well.

i have oranised my collection of museam pics by mueseam and the airplane. for ww11 and other pics they ere organised by country, maker, type and some of them by mark. i have something like 3gb of pics. i always take like 10+ pics of the same playiyng flying to make sure i get a clear one. also if they are on the ground i will take 3+.

Mine used to be organised by "Side" then country then aircraft type. The problem was I had armour, action, guns ...well everything from World War II.

But they're all gone ...all of 'em. Now I've only got EE Lightning folder ...and Tiger folder.

guys been doing this for alot of years and use clear plastic photo holders with punch out as they sit in many three ringed binders along with personal notes from the crewmen or data I have collected through my private research and correspondance overseas. Can tell you it really helps plus it beats putting them in a wooden box, something you just odn;t pull out everyday and look through.......

i have all my prints from film stored like that but i am now trying to scan them all in to my pc. i have also picked up alot of slides through various sources that i am going to scan in some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back