B-17 Underbelly Color.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pin-up.jpg
. 'Shady Lady'. I might use this one but I would have to go to a natural aluminum finish. Still thinking.

IMG_0029.jpg
Just a little side track note here. One of the fiberglass cowls I had mentioned in the very beginning of this thread as you receive them from the manufacturer. They already have the panel lines and cowl flaps molded in. Notice the big shiny divot about the size of my thumb. Each one of these cowls has them. Not to mention a nasty joint line as you can see going right through the center.

IMG_0036.jpg
And now after an initial sanding with 80 grit. I'm not shy when it comes to this stuff. When you want to get the rough stuff done quick you go for the 80 grit I say. Gets the job done right now!! No messin' around! Takes a tedious task and cuts the time in half it does! You can still see where some of the filler remains. And of course, there'll be more filling to do followed by 220 then 320 grit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back