B-25 weapons thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Humm, they thought 14 guns was enough on the B-25H but this was still designed though as far as I know not used in combat. It was designed by Paul Gunn with a 3 gun modification. Feedback from that allowed NAA to develop the Hatch gun as part of the strafer program. Designed a 325 lb hatch blister that was installed directly into the forward access hatch opening using the same pins that retained the hatch door. Only draw back was now the rear hatch had to be used to get into the aircraft.

Scan_February-22-2015-9-10-38-660-AM.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's interesting, off hand I have no idea what that is up there. Looks like a barrel but the 75mm cannon down by shark mouth and that looks bigger. I wonder if that's a field modified for a camera for damage assessment.

Last edited:
Just found this on the B-25H, Inside view giving a good view of the cannon shell storage and inside layout.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
3.jpg
Here you go Snautzer,little more history on your picture you posted as far as the aircraft goes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back