B-25 weapons thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guessing this is another unusual field modification.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks David, you might find this interesting as I did, it has the bomb bay doors modified to carry a pair of 4.5 inch rockets for a B-25. Kind of reminds me of the James Bond type stuff. Nothing like a little extra forward fire power by opening the bomb bays with a pair of rockets. Added manual for 4.5 inch rockets for aircraft as well located under the pictures. Another interesting set of pictures of a rotary system tested on a B-25 with these rockets. Pictures from the book B-25 The Ultimate Look by William Wolf.

4.5 ich rocket.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Attachments

• 4.5 inch Aircraft rocket.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
The wing mounted 5 inch rocket where mounted on the wings compared to the 4.5 in the previous thread. Also found the drawing for the special rack used to suspend the 2000 pound bomb in the bomb bay for the B-25. Source on that is a Russian B-25 manual.

Enjoy!!!!

5 inch rocket.jpg
2000.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting picture from the book WarPath, A story of the 345th Bomb group. Any one see or know about more pictures like this one. The camera was used to take pictures after the B-25 flew by there strafing runs for damage assessments.

Thanks in advance

Scan_February-4-2015-2-55-58-657-PM.jpg

Last edited:
Stug3 that is actually the tail turret of a B-24 bomber and as far as I know never installed on a B-25. The B-24 in the picture is from the aircraft WitchCraft of the Collings Foundation. Link below to a different angle of the aircraft.

wings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back