B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just great work, beautifully done. I'm not sure, I'm not an expert by any means but shouldn't the drops coming from the sharks mouth be upside down?

Just great work, beautifully done. I'm not sure, I'm not an expert by any means but shouldn't the drops coming from the sharks mouth be upside down?
My dear Torch, I thank you very much for the comment.

Let me tell you that, before thinking anything else, I went directly to see my post # 1 of the thread ... WoW !!,
... YOU HAVE ALL THE REASON, ... is one of those carelessness and distractions that for the level of experience and knowledge in modeling that I have, ... imagine correcting my mistake, AT THIS TIME?, will put in total risk the kit, ... I will have to live with it, I doubt that the judges omit this fault in the national contest, but I prefer a beautiful model to show my progress ... which I will have to continue learning not to lose sight of the smallest or seemingly insignificant details.

Throughout my work tables I have said and always will say, that I appreciate ALL THE OBSERVATIONS YOU ALL HAVE ABOUT OMISSIONS AND ERRORS that I have during my threads. In some I will be in time to correct them, others will be the price to continue growing and improving in this.
I consider myself a person very observant of details, but it is proven that several eyes see much more than just mine! (good thing I'm not alone)

Thank you very much Torch.

Saludos

Gracias y saludos Dr.Huge y Andy

... ready to paint the canopies, ... the interior color and the exterior ...

With due care I removed the masking ...

Only a few light touches with a fine brush to replace some small imperfections. With Dark Green (XF-61) I painted the vertices, handle and supports of the rods of the hatch exhaust structure. With a # 11 blade, I removed the color of the rods, to leave the natural color of the acupuncture needles.

To put the hatch in its final place, I'll wait until the plane is practically finished.
It's all for now, I hope you like it.

Saludos amigos del plástico

TKS fellas

... do you remember the accident with one of the hydraulic supports that hold the tip (post # 653, pics 7 and 8), well, I decided to do once that replacement of the "shock absorbers or hydraulic supports", these are some of the images that I relied on to make a better representation.

(image obtained from the internet)

These are the details in which I will pay attention:

1* - I am going to add this piece in which the shock absorber arm is supported to the inner wall.

2* - With this photo I identify the colors and the clamp to the lower end of the arm (inside the small circle). And the lever that sets the desired height of the opening (the arrow).

The clamp and the lever do not appear in the next photo session.
I will make them before painting the pieces, soon.

I started by introducing the thinnest hypodermic needle, inside the other. I found a suitable spure to make the support base (1*) and sanded up to a little less than half ...

I made a slot in the middle of the top along it. ...

I cut both the needles and the spure in half to give almost the final length measurement.

At the base of the space where the ammunition load and the cannons go, I made two small holes where the lower ends of the hydraulic supports will enter.

I immediately did a dry fit with all the pieces that involve all that section of the tip of the B-25G (none of the four pieces have glue yet)

... just a few more photos ...

We are going to wait for the weekend to continue moving forward with our "very complex Sharky"

Muchas gracias por sus tantas visitas y comentarios

When you're ready Luis, let me know and I'll come over and be your Flight Engineer on the first mission !

Having been off-site for over 6 months, I've missed a huge amount of updates all over the forum. I could have provided you with lots of pic's of the '25 especially the behind the scenes bits that you normally don't see. My apologies

Hi Gary, I could see a few days ago that you're back.

I am flattered by your comment and visit, but at the same time, I know that part of your activities are flying these majestic characters of WWII, ... it gives me a certain envy and pride to know that I have a friend in this forum in such experiences.

I hope that the interiors and details that you have seen in this version, give an idea. I am sure that you must have impressive photographs of those details both inside and outside of a B25 !!

When you have the opportunity, it will be very interesting to know in which WWII planes you have access to fly and have photographs. I know you fly a B-24 and now also a B-25?, surely a P-51 (remembering your 1: 1 cockpit) ... some more? (just for the record)

I send you a big hug and thanks for the visit

First time looking in, been gone for some time.......
This is My kind of scratch building. Well done.
I'm gonna go backwards lookin at your posts!!!

So after an hour and a half, you do some good work.
I've got to learn how to make the finish look dirty......

Last edited:
Excellent detail addition L-C!

Damn, this is a very nice build..

Agree with all - very nice fine details Luis.

There are many of us who have been doing an entertaining job here (not in the term and with the speed that I wanted), but the inspiration and learning seem to be partly a consequence of accompanying me in this.
Gracias amigos míos

Hello N4521U (Bill) I'm very pleased and I really appreciate you taking the time to walk by the thread.
You can see that the amount of information, images, answers, recommendations and contributions of many friends of the forum, are still a great incentive to enjoy each step in these creations.
Feedback is what allows us to keep improving. Thanks for your words.

Saludos

Users who are viewing this thread