B17 fly overs at my home (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'm getting a free airshow of sorts today.

The guy who bought the B17 and has it parked at Orange County airport has been flying it around all morning.

Just now, for the fourth time, he flew over my house in the traffic pattern to bring it into the airport.

If I can grab some pics I will. Unfortunatly, everytime I get set up to take one, hes flying into the sun.

Nothing like the rumble of four radial engines!

FiFi flew over my house once and I dont live anywhere near an airport! I did however know she was going to be at an airport about an hour away and knew she was coming from a stop a few hundred miles north of here. I was home from school for a month before going back for the fall and was sitting inside when I heard something completely different. It was not at all like the twin engined gooney birds that fly around here... this was much nicer!! I ran out just about the time she went directly over the house and I got a good view of her until she went over the mountains to the south. It was one of the coolest experiences ever!!!!

I love when I hear something unusual flying overhead. I'll drop whatever I'm doing and beeline for the door.

unfortunately the BBMF lanc is only Scheduled to come to the south west twice a year, and only one of those times would it fly over my house, however she hasn't been able to come for atleast two years, so i've still yet to see her.......

Sys very Kühl ! I luv it. have had the B-17 and B-24 fly over the little berg I live in with some far distnat pics. should have my own personals scanned of when they landed in our area several tiems besides the buzz of B-17/B-24 veterans that came out of the woodwork that pressed in close to watch the 2 craft land. man I iwsh I had video coverage back then plus a tape recorder. there must have been at least 12 different bomb group vets of the 8th and 15th AF shopw up the one year.

enjoy

Well, the only pics I got of the B17 turned out to be crap. It was only a little blip in the air. Not worthy to keep.

But still, it was exciting to see the plane fly around. I could just imagine what a typical clear day in southern california would look like in 1943 or 1944, with all the airplane factories and air bases.

Imagine hundreds in the air forming up on their way to pound the Reich; it is no wonder the German could see the pulks for miles let alone able to "hear" them on their sensitive listening equipment

syscom3 said:
Well, the only pics I got of the B17 turned out to be crap. It was only a little blip in the air. Not worthy to keep.

But still, it was exciting to see the plane fly around. I could just imagine what a typical clear day in southern california would look like in 1943 or 1944, with all the airplane factories and air bases.
you and your friends would be going to the factory everyday to see the planes being tested

I can only imagine how scared i'd be to hear several hundred of those at once and they were comin for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back