B24 Movie - cannot find, Seeking assistance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CTC911ctc

Recruit
Dec 10, 2013
Hello,

About 40yrs ago I caught the opening scene of a film shown on WGN in Chicago where a B-24 is on final, two engines buring. The plane lands rolls up to the ramp and the owner is screaming at the pilots for wrecking his new plane (assuming purchased as surplus). The pilots (two men and a woman as I remember) respond that this gentlemans plane almost killed them.....etc....

Does anyone know this Screen Gem's name?

Thanks in advance,

C

It could have been "The Lady Takes a Flyer " with Jeff Chandler, 1958, but the plane wasn't a B-24, it was a PB4Y-2 Privateer. Close enough to a B-24 I guess. Here are some stills of it from the movie.

Attachments

• VTS_01_1-0_0019.jpg
    VTS_01_1-0_0019.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 169
  • VTS_01_1-0_0016.jpg
    VTS_01_1-0_0016.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 152
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 160
THANKS - I knew I can to the right place........will start posting more Warbird posts......THANK YOU AGAIN!

It could have been "The Lady Takes a Flyer " with Jeff Chandler, 1958, but the plane wasn't a B-24, it was a PB4Y-2 Privateer. Close enough to a B-24 I guess. Here are some stills of it from the movie.

No problem. If you have questions about WWII aircraft, chances are someone around here will have an answer for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back