Bad News on the Doorstep...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peter Gunn

Master Sergeant
Jan 13, 2016
Clearwater, Florida
Fellows,

Not sure if this is the right place, mods can move it if not.

I lost my last surviving uncle from my fathers side this morning. At 96, COVID did what Me-109's and Fw-190's and Zeke's could NOT do. :cry:

25 missions over Germany in B-17's in 1943, a year back for training and off to Guam for 11 more over Japan in B-29's.

Came home and opened a hotel/bar... emphasis on BAR about 30 miles from my home town. I learned a LOT about life from him, he was the most soft spoken of my uncles and about the most generous, he'd slip my brother and I $5.00 bills when no one was looking for us to spend on anything, and that was in the late '60's when five bucks was a tidy sum for a lanky 12 year old.

I planned on writing more but I'm starting to lose my composure and can't really see the screen or keyboard clearly at the moment. :cry:

I have only posted this on this forum because I know as fellow aviation enthusiasts you know what kind of loss this is for me. I'll try and post more later on him, I know he lived a long and fruitful life but it still hurts like bloody hell to lose him.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back