Battle Damaged Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

my pleasure..does small battledamege count ? i think thisone is kinda cute..its from a Ju 88 wingtip.. nice little patch in the tip..hehe probably small arms fire..i use it as s shelf in my workroom :)

CUTE?? How cool is it that you have a Ju88 wingtip as a shelf??? lol The only thing better would be to have tablelegs made of .50 cals

A6M
0cockpitleft.jpg

...crash test unsuccessfull

Here's another good one:

BC

Attachments

• He111-08.jpg
    He111-08.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 404
  • He111-14.jpg
    He111-14.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 396
Is it me, or do those markings (insignia assignment) on the fuselage look hand drawn on the photo you just posted? Aside from that, that's a horrible moment caught in time :(

Here's another, an 8th AF B-17 victim of a bomb striking the wing from above...

Attachments

• 8thAF_B-17_bomb-strike.jpg
    8thAF_B-17_bomb-strike.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
This is a Photo Post Card on Kodak paper that I picked-up somewhere on my travels. The caption on the back reads (I think - It's hand written):

"Not enough parts to get home B-17G Moiseberg(?), Fall 1944"

Attachments

• B-17 Minus Tail.jpg
    B-17 Minus Tail.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 374
The B-17 I posted I switched to the other way because the letters were wrong. That was me. But somebody apparently has been messing with the print. Looks like Capt V has the correct pic.

Yeah they are the same but reversed and tapered with for some reason. Can't see why you would feel the need to do that, my guess would be someone was trying to 'claim copyright' over it.

Still horrific shots, got to feel for the crews of those bombers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back