Battle damaged Mitsubishi G4M1 'Betty' in a 1/48 dio

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi everybody!!Thank you all for your nice words..
Some more progress with the Betty which I'm afraid will start counting her wounds from now on!!..

So that's the latest progress of the Hamaki

As you can see from the photos this Betty will take the form of a battle damaged aircraft, so a lot of work has to be done yet..
Thanks a lot for looking..
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

Last edited:
Now that the problem has been fixed I can go on with the update...

The simplified tailgun mechanism was improved and in the Vector Kinsei engine(there's no Kasei engine aftermarket available yet), the pushrods and some o rings were added at the back. A lot of detail work has to be done here!!..

The port engine will be shown separately as the Vector Kinsei is too small for the Tamiya kit..As Mr Tagaya very kindly informed me there'll be some changes and corrections on both nacelles to depict a late 11 production model..

Finally, some experimenting was done to show some damaged panels much later in my diorama..A liquid called acrylic medium makes aluminum foil stick very well onto plastic..(Sorry for the Greek)!!..

Thanks for your time!!
Panagiotis.

Now that the problem has been fixed I can go on with the update...

The simplified tailgun mechanism was improved and in the Vector Kinsei engine(there's no Kasei engine aftermarket available yet), the pushrods and some o rings were added at the back. A lot of detail work has to be done here!!..

The port engine will be shown separately as the Vector Kinsei is too small for the Tamiya kit..As Mr Tagaya very kindly informed me there'll be some changes and corrections on both nacelles to depict a late 11 production model..

Finally, some experimenting was done to show some damaged panels much later in my diorama..A liquid called acrylic medium makes aluminum foil stick very well onto plastic..(Sorry for the Greek)!!..

Thanks for your time!!
Panagiotis.

Users who are viewing this thread