Battle of Britain 75th in 2015

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next year is looking pretty good. I expect to take the Mk1 cockpit (Spit around), maybe Hurricane too. We already have nice enamel badges. There will be a week long event at Salisbury (where the first ever wings week was carried out with a Do17z outside the Guildhall). Hoping Geedee and I will be at Duxford with copious quantities of Spitfire Ale and Swordfish Ale!

I'm slightly surprised they put it back a week. The 'normal' September show has normally been the first full weekend in the month, around the 6th or nearest to it, although this was also moved back last year - which messed me up no end - and din't have the Autumn, 'end of season' show, normally in mid October
I can only think that, in trying to get it as close to 'Battle of Britain Day' as possible, perhaps it clashed with other major events, so it's been moved even further into the month?
I'll keep monitoring the web-site - once tickets go on sale, then those dates must be confirmed. I hope so, as then I can book the camp site. Not as critical as booking accommodation for our overseas visitors, but important enough, with the crowds expected at this event.
My concern is, even putting it back one week, risks moving into the zone of poorer weather. Let's just hope we have a reasonably good summer, extending to late September !

My guess, and it is only a guess, by moving it back one week they were able to secure more relevant aircraft that may have otherwise been disbursed around the country the week before.

Anyhow, my hotel has been booked and my buddy from Buffalo is in the process of confirming time off from work and then we will book out flights.

Cheers,

Jeff

Yes Jeff, that's what I meant. If there were more events on the original dates, then it's probable that many aircraft would be committed to other shows, plus transit flights, therefore weakening the required line-up for the two days at DX.
Good to know you're almost sorted - looking forward to meeting up with you, and hopefully more forum members.

Tickets are now available and will only be presold...no day of event sales.

I am having trouble finding what the sliver package gets you over the general admission.

38 pounds for 2 day general admission

100 pound two day silver admission

Cheers,

jeff

As far as I know, the 'Silver' package allows access to one of the reserved compounds, which has seating and with it's own marquee and toilets etc, and tea/coffee etc. The 'Gold' is similar, but includes food I believe. The marquees are near the control tower, and right next to the taxi-way entrance to the flight line, at roughly the center of the display axis.
The descriptions were on the web-site somewhere, from memory near the bottom of the ticket information page.
If they're only selling pre-booked tickets, they're obviously expecting large crowds, so I'd better get my tickets sorted asap.

Think I might try the tank bank this time around Andy. That's if I can get 'Blunderbird One' up the incline - I'd better get some off-road tyres and a winch !!

I am having trouble finding what the sliver package gets you over the general admission.

As Terry has said above, but usually also free access to the flight line and 'VIP' parking. The latter doesn't make a lot of difference on the way in, but if you do drive you will get out a lot quicker. Usually food is an additional option with a silver package.
Apart from the marquee (very handy if by a million to one chance it might rain during an English autumn) and well placed seating, I have to say that the 'posh' toilets that you get with silver/gold packages are almost worth the extra cost on their own :)

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back