Battle of Britain 75th in 2015

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Having toilets, posh or otherwise, is probably worth it !
It's the one thing DX lacks on air show days, as there are just the permanent facilities, which are well spaced out, and always busy !
And an air show at DX without the obligatory downpour just would not be the same - it's all part of being British !
You can be sure to leave the airfield sporting a nice brownish tinge - either sun tan - or rust !

Tickets are on sale 02.08.15...or 08.02.15 depending which side of the Pond you are :)

As a friend of Duxford, I get to use toilets with carpets in 'em and also a Friends only marquee :)...oh, and I also get discount on entry tickets and 20 % off any DX stuff I buy including food :)

Yes, I am going to this one !

Tickets are on sale 02.08.15...or 08.02.15 depending which side of the Pond you are :)

As a friend of Duxford, I get to use toilets with carpets in 'em and also a Friends only marquee :)...oh, and I also get discount on entry tickets and 20 % off any DX stuff I buy including food :)

Yes, I am going to this one !

Are you sure Gary. I read it as standard advance ticket prices apply after August 2nd. I may be wrong and seek clarification but I believe the tickets may be available now. The web site has an Order now tab when one follows the path to the BoB show page. I am still waiting to hear from a friend if he want GA tickets or the silver package.

Anyone confirm my interpretation or am I a tad daft?

Jeff

When I last looked, at the end of last week, it was as Gary stated - tickets available as of 8th February, advanced sale only, no 'pay at the gate'.
Gary is a member of 'The Friends of Duxford' (formerly Duxford Aviation Society), so gets the discounted rates he mentioned, and access to the 'Friends' enclosure, normally up at the western end of the field, near the American Museum (and opposite the Hannant's marquee !).
It's probable that orders can be placed for tickets now (I'd need to check), but they won't be processed until the published date.
If you can afford the extra for the 'Silver' package, I'd suggest that, on this occasion, it could be worth it - especially after a long flight over here - as the field is likely to be packed to capacity for this particular show, and just having a seat, and the access to tea/coffee etc, plus the added convenience of toilets within the enclosure, will make life a lot easier.
I was at the BoB 50th Anniversary show, and it was verging on mayhem, the crowds were so dense. Had we not flown in, we'd probably have had to leave home either the day before, or at 'O Dark hundred hours', just to join the que to get in by road !
Depending on the state of Karl and Mick's bank accounts, I'm rather tempted to either get the 'Silver' package myself, or join the 'Friends', as getting through the crowds, to the display line, on my little mobility scooter could be a challenge !

Just received an e mail from my Buffalo NY buddy and it will be the silver package for us, both days. It is pricey but as my buddy says, the P/S ( per Spitfire ) cost makes it reasonable.

Gonna have to start my countdown clock.

Jeff

Great stuff Jeff. Being in the 'Silver' enclosure, spare a thought for us 'plebs' wandering around among the great unwashed ...................

Just cause I will have the silver doesn't mean I will have to spend the whole day there, besides, I promised you some Canuck beverages and I plan on delivering!!!

Disregard the pic if it is still here, I meant to put it in my photo thread. Too early in the morning and not enough coffee just yet.
Cheers,

Jeff

Attachments

• 74.JPG
    74.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Would be great to meet up with you guys.....I am going to be there.....the date fits neatly in with BoB day but does mean it falls in a busy period for me.

If you chaps are coming all the way from the USA or Canada or elsewhere, why not tack a day to do some 'time' in BoB County.....a trip to the Kent BoB Museum and then to the BoB memorial in Capel Le Fern. The new Wing Centre will be open and features a Tripich video featuring shots taken in my Hurri Cockpit....PM me and I can suggest great places to go that are off the beaten track...

Would be great to meet up with you guys.....I am going to be there.....the date fits neatly in with BoB day but does mean it falls in a busy period for me.

If you chaps are coming all the way from the USA or Canada or elsewhere, why not tack a day to do some 'time' in BoB County.....a trip to the Kent BoB Museum and then to the BoB memorial in Capel Le Fern. The new Wing Centre will be open and features a Tripich video featuring shots taken in my Hurri Cockpit....PM me and I can suggest great places to go that are off the beaten track...

Here is my schedule for the trip:

Evening departure on Wednesday Sep 16 arriving at Gatwick around 12 Noon on Thursday Sept 17. Grab the train to the hotel and check in and relax a bit.

Friday Sept. 18th will be find a spot to watch arrivals

Saturday 19th Show

Sunday 20th Show

Monday 21st Museum at Duxford, watch departures etc.

Tuesday 5am train to Gatwick for 12 noon flight home

The invitation is very much appreciated and had I had more time I would have jumped at it. Always great to follow the local folks as they know all the ins and outs.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff Jeff. If I'm able, I'll stay over an extra day and show you around the DX museums on Monday. No doubt we'll be in touch nearer the time, to sort out details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back