Bernard Hopkins - bad loser?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

merlin

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2006
Cardiff
What does everyone think, especially those here from the US of the post-(boxing) match comments from Bernard Hopkins?

True he knocked down Joe in the first round, but the fight isn't scored by just one round.

One judge scored the fight to Hopkins by a narrow margin, but the other two by a wide margin! Yet, Hopkins - says no people who watched would say I won - I'm the peoples champion. He said that his sister could have hit him harder - so if Joe's punches were of no consequence why didn't he ignore them and hit Joe harder himself!?

However this 'claim' looks a bit hollow when the stats were released:
Punches thrown: Joe Calzaghe 707 - Bernard Hopkins 468,
connected: 232 - 127
Joe 34 more jabs, and 100 + more power punches.

After most 'fights' boxers embrace each other in a 'no hard feelings' way, Hopkins didn't (perhaps he thought he'd hugged he to much in the 'fight') - was it the indignty of losing to a 'white man' and a 'Brit'?

Will Hopkins say anything different after he's read the US boxing commentators reports on the fight?

Boxing blows. Give me a good MMA fight any day.

But to answer your question, yes, it seems Mr. Hopkins had a very tough time eating some HUMBLE PIE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back