best carrier attack A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As neither the F-22, Typhoon, Raphale, Su-35/37 and JAS-39 have flown combat missions, does this mean they are worse than the P-51 ?

Kris

In the middle 40's, neither of those airplanes were even dreamed of, so the P51 was the superior to the two.

Now lets keep this argument to the 30's and 40's.

Syscom, as expected you don't get it. My point was that aircraft which have never flown combat missions can be the best and as such can be considered as the best. If we would be discussing 'most effective', that would have been another case.

Kris

Syscom, as expected you don't get it. My point was that aircraft which have never flown combat missions can be the best and as such can be considered as the best. If we would be discussing 'most effective', that would have been another case.

Kris

An airplane which has never flown is an airplane thats never proven itself in the real world.

More than one paper airplane has proven itself to be crap once it takes off from the runway.

The Stuka can hardly be considered as a new design. It had proven itself before. Trying it out over North Sea would be a test for the aircraft carrier but not for the Stuka.
Do you know any carrier planes that took off and landed well on initital deck tests but failed at doing the same at sea?

Kris

OK, I will start a poll for torpedo bombers up to 1942.

If people will send me a message on what types they want included, I will be happy to accomodate them.

Someone else needs to do one for the dive bombers.

I'm not going to drag this discussion on but just for the sake of information ... there was also the Ju 87D-4 which was a land-based torpedo bomber. It also was the first to get those 20mm cannons.

But fair is fair, I don't know and in fact doubt if the Ju 87D-4 was an effective torpedo bomber.
Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back