Best Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Archer said:
How can the Mosquito be the best when it can't land on a carrier safely?

The Mosquito could land on a carrier safely (i've got photos to prove it) AND being a corsair fan i'd be VERY careful about saying things like that as i've pointed out before if it weren't for the Brits the Corsair wouldn't have landed on carriers itself yet i'm sure you would argue it was one of the best fighters? 8)

yes, but i was just making a humourous point about the m5 8) like horse said, a bit of spam is ok, but if it looks as if its about to convert into pages of spam then thats the time to take action 8)

I'm stay true to my name and throw the P-38 in for the best fighter. I'm sure that'll cause controversy but that's what makes these forums fun. I will agree when discussing the Mosquito that it was a great plane, but it's versatility was achieved by producing several distinct versions of the plane. A Mosquito B.IV was a great bomber, but it's not winning any dogfights, NO GUNS! No one version of the Mosquito could do it all, but a P-38L came mighty close.

Oh yeah, I know that, I'm just pointing out that the Mk.IV was no fighter, and the Mk. VI was no stategic bomber.

I know. The Mosquito probably had the most versatile airframe of the war but there were several distinct versions of it. That's all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread