Best Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyway , I agree with Lanc , in the Mosquito being the best Fighter-Bomber [ they could outrun P38's ], the Tempest in a dogfight , the Mustang came along with a Merlin in it , and the Mk.XIV Spitfire was hot n' hairy with a Griffon but didn't reach as far ...The trouble with the Me's Fw's was with the best models , well , too little , too late....

Also , Antonia Bob's Me 262's were out-manoevered and out-numered by the good speed and relatively esteemed 20mm cannons of the Tempest...and there's still a bunch of Kiwi pilots , let alone Brits and other Commywealth pilots that live to tell of it ...

The He 280 was far more manouverable than the ME 262 but was not built in any numbers. Damn shame really.

Hey Gemhorse good to see another kiwi! Where in the North Island?

Kiwimac (Currently a South Islander!)

C.C if you think the Ju87 was so crap (i totally agree by the way) why have you got a picture of the hideous thing on your siggy?

Pick out a nice italian plane like the Cr.42 or the G.50 or the SM.79 - they will look much nicer instead of offending our eyes with this Nazi heap of junk - thats why the aircraft company was called 'Junkers' - because thats what they produced...Junk! :rightfighter4:

!!!!!!!! THIS POST USED TO HAVE 19 FIRGGIN PAGES!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IT HAS 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!

Reichsmarschall Batista

Hugh Janus said:
C.C if you think the Ju87 was so crap (i totally agree by the way)

what do you mean!!!!!!!!!! the 87 was a great plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again (as with the He52 page) I fail to see your logic in that statement :rolleyes:

By the way C.C the new siggy pic is lovely...but do you think you could maybe shrink it a bit mate?

Cheers mopedsmile:

Best fighter, overall fighter, the P-51D Mustang. Best dogfigther, Spitfire MkXIV. Best high altitude interceptor, P-38. Best multi-role fighter, either the P-38 or P-47.

Although I can't quite decide, I think the Lagg-7 was one of the best low level fighters.

How did I forget that? Of course, the Mosquito is the best Multi-role fighter, although you could put it in Medium Bomber. I don't care, it's the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back