Best Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite believable, after all it's only a computer game. I still find that B-1B picture impressive.

Me? I never get shot down, I always try and show off and crash. Or I run into others while trying to shoot them down. I've only actually ever been shot down once, and that was by a Fw-190 that raped me while I was in a MiG-3.

P-38 Lightning. It was the only American fighter in service for the entire war, it was certainly the most versatile of the American planes, shot down more Japanese than anything else, and during the critical parts of the bomber offensive (1943 until D-Day) it was the only Allied fighter capable of providing cover over the targets.

cheddar cheese said:
no it hasnt, it doesnt have anything that says it been shot down on it :D eg Engine: Inoperable; Fuel tank: leak

That's all right, but it would only say that for my plane (Fw-190 A-9 With 2 2xMg151 pods) in that run, not the B-17. Anywho, it was just banking. I had no hits on that plane as well. As you can see, i had no ammo (for the pods) but I was still closing in to finish him off with the fuselage guns. The reason the bloke is so low is because I started the mission at 100 meter altitude. (I think i still have the video...)

The Ta-152 waws hardly an American fighter.

P-38L was faster than the P-51D above 15,000 ft and could outclimb/outdive it at any altitude. It also had an equal or better turning radius at any altitude. P-38L also had better range.

It sure was, and it was really uneconomical like anything the Americans build. You can just tell it's American, I'm in agreement though the P-38 was the best American fighter. I think my second would be the P-47...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back