Best Helicopter (1 Viewer)

What is the best Helicopter?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean, well everyone I will say this here too, just incase you are not posting in the other threads where I posted it. I lose my internet tomorrow morning so this will be the last time I post for a little while propably. This is a good thing and that is as much as I can say. I will see here online again as soon as I get back home! Getting real short now!

Alright last post for a couple of weeks now: One thing I can tell you is I have 1 year left and no I am not a lifer. My family is the most important thing to me and I want to have kids with my wife and watch them grow up and not be like my buddy who has 4 kids and 2 of them dont even know who he is, because he is deployed all the time. Anyhow talk to you all soon.

Woo Hoo, hey everyone I am home now! Just got back this morning! Well I hope to post some great pics of some Blackhawks on our flight out of Iraq. I just have to transfer them all from my laptop to my PC at home.

Attachments

• picture_2_169.jpg
    picture_2_169.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 675
I have said this, and I will say it again, the Apache Longbow AH-64D is the best helicopter in the world I think. Even if it does have problems it is still quite a formidable weapon. I don't know it just appeals to me.

HealzDevo said:
I have said this, and I will say it again, the Apache Longbow AH-64D is the best helicopter in the world I think. Even if it does have problems it is still quite a formidable weapon. I don't know it just appeals to me.

It is a great aircraft when it is in the air and a formidilbe weapon but basically other than that it sucks. It is a nightmare to work on and it breaks all the time. Personnally I think they could do better and should do so very soon before it is too late.

No I dont see that happening. The airframe is just not strong eneogh anymore. It was fine when it was the original Apache. Plus the systems are too complicated for the aircraft now. It takes 15 minutes just to wind up the weapons systems and if the airconditioners that cool the computers and systems fail then it is lost, you can not work anything because they overheat and then basically all you have is a 2 seat very expensive joy ride.

The problems were pretty much solved on the A model but then they go and throw in even more advanced stuff including a glass cockpit into it. It can only go so far. Dont take me wrong it is still the best attack helicopter out there but it is getting old real fast. I dont know how many times we had to go out and rescue apaches in Iraq. I remember one time we flew out the Apache mechanics to fix one that broke at a Foward Operating Base in Iraq and after they got it fixed and they were running up to fly back home, the whole transmission dumped all of its transmission oil out the back of the aircraft. Needless to say the thing did not fly home that day.

I voted for the Blackhawk but Mosquitoman was right. If it wasnt for the Huey we wouldnt have had good helicopters today. Besides i like the huey because it was the work horse of Vietnam! Hoorah! :p

Attachments

• huey1_335.jpg
    huey1_335.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 409
I agree I love the Huey. My dad flew the Huey for most of his career in the Army. I wanted Huey's but they made me go Blackhawks. But I have to say she did not dissapoint me, she is a great aircraft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back