best muscle car ever

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not far wrong there Les. Old Shelbys 427SC could give a Ferrari. F430 a run for its money on the straight not bad for a 40 year old motor.

And all from a tiny British Sports Car, the AC Ace :evil4:

1957_AC_Ace.jpg

Cobra's certainly are incredibly impressive cars...

Didn't the U.S. tour around 2 custom made boss 429 mustangs during the vietnam war with an air intake so huge that they called it the bird catchers. :)

I heard that only one survives after the first one was crushed by a crate afteer it was being unloaded from a ship. :(

Also they would drive the mustangs on the decks of aircraft carriers just to show off the power they possessed. :twisted:

I heard they had over 1200 horsepower!! Can you believe it! :shock:

But I'm not sure about it. Also the only one that survives is named the "sheriff".

Although not strictly a muscle car, the Ford Fairlane Skyliner has always been a fave of mine. The Electric roof folding arrangement is on of the most beautiful and elegant mechanisms ive ever seen.

1957%20ford%20fairlane%20skyline%20retractable%20larry.JPG

Yea it is, but with all that extra hardware, she was as slow as my Dead Grandmother on Valium...

The other 2 cars that really grab me is the 1970 Firebird 400 RamAir IV and the 1967 GT 500 Shelby Mustang (pD and Me).... Talk about muscle...

I used to own a 1970 Plymouth GTX Hemi... It was powered with a 426 Hemi with dual Carters... The car came with receipts of restoration, and I had the rest of the restoration completed... The original owners manual and the window sticker, which was laminated for safe keeping, made for some very interesting reading...

The car sold for $3800 new, and the Hemi option was a mere $800 extra, the stripe package was $16 and the chrome fender liners were $4...

The engine dyno'd at 550hp, the tranny was a 727 Tourqueflite with 3:23 gears out back.... I ran fast 12's in the quarter mile with it, and it damn near killed me several times.... I sold it about 8 months ago to a collector... Here are a few pics of her prior to the underbody spray job, about 3 months before I sold it...

I miss the car very much, and curse my wife every other weekend for "encouraging" me to sell it....

Attachments

• mygtx3_181.jpg
    mygtx3_181.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,156
  • mygtx2_157.jpg
    mygtx2_157.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,715
  • mygtx1_115.jpg
    mygtx1_115.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,405
lesofprimus said:
Yea it is, but with all that extra hardware, she was as slow as my Dead Grandmother on Valium...

The other 2 cars that really grab me is the 1970 Firebird 400 RamAir IV and the 1967 GT 500 Shelby Mustang (pD and Me).... Talk about muscle...

I used to own a 1970 Plymouth GTX Hemi... It was powered with a 426 Hemi with dual Carters... The car came with receipts of restoration, and I had the rest of the restoration completed... The original owners manual and the window sticker, which was laminated for safe keeping, made for some very interesting reading...

The car sold for $3800 new, and the Hemi option was a mere $800 extra, the stripe package was $16 and the chrome fender liners were $4...

The engine dyno'd at 550hp, the tranny was a 727 Tourqueflite with 3:23 gears out back.... I ran fast 12's in the quarter mile with it, and it damn near killed me several times.... I sold it about 8 months ago to a collector... Here are a few pics of her prior to the underbody spray job, about 3 months before I sold it...

I miss the car very much, and curse my wife every other weekend for "encouraging" me to sell it....

Dude, you sold a cherry GTX with a hemi?!?! Are you retired now!!!

Joe as u know, Im self employed, and working cause I like to work lol.... Yea I made out pretty good with the sale, and got a broken heart out of it...

I have my eye on a certain muscle car, to be named at a hopefully later date, at the moment... My wife said my eyes actually glossed over while looking at it....

Im really more into modern day cars, but f*ck I just love the GTO, my dad had a Challenger when he was about 17, he showed me pics of it she was a beaut, then he sold it to my Moms bro two days later he crashed the f*cking most beautiful automobile my dad ever owned. (Uncle Ross you P.O.S.)

lesofprimus said:
Joe as u know, Im self employed, and working cause I like to work lol.... Yea I made out pretty good with the sale, and got a broken heart out of it...

I have my eye on a certain muscle car, to be named at a hopefully later date, at the moment... My wife said my eyes actually glossed over while looking at it....

I mentioned earlier I had a 69' GTX with a 440 commando and a Torqueflight as well - not as cherry as yours, but I loved that car. When I step on the gas and kicked the secondaries in it was so freaking loud pedestrians would jump into the air, women would drop their groceries and babies would cry!!!

Urs was one hellova a car as well Joe... My High School car was a 1977 Dodge Charger SE with a 360 bored 30 over, topped with a Six Pack, running 4:11 gears out the ass, and Cherry Bombs on the pipes......

I know what u mean about loud....

I ended up wrapping that Charger around a tree in the snow.... Bald tires dont really have the traction required to pass someone driving 20 mph in a 35 mph zone do they???

And for the record guys, I posted pics of my GTX here many moons ago... Im surprised no one recalls seeing them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back