best muscle car ever

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I remember it les...I recall declaring a highly increased level of respect for you because of it, LOL seems so silly now...

I must have been asleep that day, or missed that post completely, Les. I would have remember that car. Sweet.

I have to admit that my HS car was a freakin land yacht, a 73 Chrysler Newport Custom. 400 CID land yacht with an 8 track player! But you could hold a party in that car. I think I packed like 25 people in it once to go to the drive in. We had people in the trunk, back and front seat. It was nuts!

So what about the fastest car anyones ever been in, at speed....

3 Stories....

Dads buddy... 1980something Porsche 911 Turbo, brought over from Germany... No emissions bullshit... Reworked engine... From a standing start, was pinned into the seat with severe gravitational forces, 4 seconds later look over at speedo and we're passing through 90 mph.... That car was the fastest 1/4 mile car I have ever been in....

Riding in my buddies Blower equipped GTO, on the Interstate, at 85mph... Then he engaged the Blower.... Next thing I know, Im pinned in the seat, watching the speedometer climb through 130mph... I later found out that we topped 155mph....

Ford Pantera.. Dads same buddy.... Engine completely reworked with Titanium parts up the ass.... No emissions hardware... MAJOR performance additions.... Get out onto Long Island Expressway at 12:30pm on a Sunday night... Dr. James Dana stomps on the accelerator while cruising in 3rd gear at around 80mph.... We ended up traveling in excess of 170mph, and the only reason we didnt exceed that was because the front end was literally lifting off the pavement, floating on a cushion of air....

That was the fastest I have ever been (in a car) in my entire life...

I got to ride in the Dodge Viper prototype before they were introduced. I won a drawing for it at a 24 hr marathon that I was running in. They rep from Dodge took it out on the Autobahn and the hard top flew off we were going so fast. Later it was said that they had to do modifications to it, so that it would not happen again.

I also got to drive in a Ferarri Testerosa. That was pretty fast.

I've done a measly 110 MPH in my brother's Pug 306 while racing some dweeb. Safe to say we won 'cos the loser challenged us when he only had a 1.1! He thought he could beat us 'cos my brother's car is a diesel, he didn't pay attention to the 1.9 turbo next to the word diesel.

Yep, it was pretty funny actually. My dad was driving and we were just cruising along in the dark when we came upon a police roadblock. Well, I guess you can figure out why... They spotted us from the air and called ahead.

My dad's sister had to come bail us out of jail. It's funny now, but it wasn't then. I don't remember how much it was, but my dad was not happy paying it!

To me it is not worth it. I just drive the speed limit. If I want to drive fast then I go on the Autobahn and drive as fast as I can go. Which is only about 145kmh in my Grand Cherokee. It can go faster but not good for the SUV. It is not built for speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back