Best naval fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Viper mate - i think you're a tad mentally unstable ;) - not to mention deep deep deep in denile - you're the one who doesn't know what hes talking about pal - we DID help design it - the yanks DON'T deserve all the credit and thanks to records that EXIST the yanks DON'T get all the credit - nothing some plonker like you is ever going to change - get over it quick, its boring me

:rolleyes:

Viper said:
you guys the corsair was an AMERICAN PLANE not britesh,the fixed the gear,the americans would have fixed it later,dont try and make it sound britesh cuz it just isnt,just looking at it and you can tell its american,and then you retaliate to me by writeing some 15 page quote on how the britesh "improved" the corsair,well they didnt make it so dont say anything just dont ur taking a true american plane and trying to britanise it

Taking a True American plane and trying to Britainise it?? (i think thats what you're desperately trying to spell but obviously that isn't your strong point, i don't even think 'Britainise' is actually a word... ;) )

To be honest mate - i don't like American planes - you can keep them!
Besides i don't know why you're throwing you're doll out of the pram - you're a bloody canadian!

If you can't be bothered to look up the information for yourself don't DARE tell me i don't know what i'm saying :evil:

viper....
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but trying to tell Mr bronzewhaler he knows squat is not the best way to make friends and influence people! From the pages before, it is clear to myself and others that bronze appears to have his facts straight whereas you, as bronzewhale so equontly put it...are a tad mentally unstable.
Whilst i am here and in a particulary viscious mood...True American?????Dont make me laugh please....coming from a country all of 200 years old...the country is a joke as well as the people! Fucking hell Viper....sort it out!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AVIATION PROBLEM...?

I've heard you're the people to see about finding things... 8)

Does anyone know where to find, or can post on this thread (or send a message to me) a cutaway of a fairy Barracuda (British Navy Bomber) I know one exists but i've used Google and i can't find one...can anyone help..i would say i'll offer a cash prize...but i don't want to lie to you guys 8)

Any help with this would be deeply appreciated!

Cheers

bronzewhaler82 said:
You're the one who doesn't know what hes talking about pal - we DID help design it - the yanks DON'T deserve all the credit and thanks to records that EXIST the yanks DON'T get all the credit - nothing some plonker like you is ever going to change - get over it quick, its boring me

Can you point me to the records please? I want to find out what the Brits did since I have not yet come across it. In several books about the Corsair's development (including information about it being modified to accomodate for RN differences, pilot training, etc) the only "design" changes other than the modifications that were standard to US Corsairs was chopping off 8 inches of each wing so it would fit in the Brit carrier hangars. I've gone back over the information I have regarding the initial design as well the British use of Corsairs and have not found any additional designwork done by the British.

To say you heard it on the BBC doesn't mean that it's true, they could be mistaken. If you were certain of this fact I would expect you to at least give a source of some sort so that it can be settled (and failing this, at least being kind enough to state what they did - saying they helped design it means nothing and doesn't help searching for information to confirm your views).

By not being able to provide a source of the information, and taking what seems to be great offense to someone who is arguing against your point because, thus far, no information confirming the opposite has been presented by anyone.

Personally, until I read otherwise or hear from what I consider to be a knowledgeable source, I will continue assuming the Corsair was not "designed" by the British in any way shape or form beyond cutting off the wingtips. And every time someone brings this up, I will continue to question them.

Besides i don't know why you're throwing you're doll out of the pram - you're a bloody canadian!
I can't speak for Viper, but I want to find out whether or not there is any truth in this so that anyone reading messages at this forum, myself included, can find accurate information. I personally don't care if the Brits helped design the Corsair or not, I just want to find out whether or not they did.

If you can't be bothered to look up the information for yourself don't DARE tell me i don't know what i'm saying
I've looked, and come up with nothing so far. Are you saying I can only have a differing view from you if I find an accurate source that specifically says the Brits did help design it or that the Brits didn't help design it (the latter of which most likely won't happen since there's no reason to point this out if they didn't help design it).

If you don't mind my saying so, but I think you either have a very big ego that you don't want damaged in a slight and insignificant way, or you just don't want to share information to enlighten others for some reason. I also suggest you learn better interpersonal skills, as they could use a big improvement. There is no need for claiming others are mentally unstable unless you know for a fact that they are, nor for calling anyone names.

As to jji's post,
trying to tell Mr bronzewhaler he knows squat is not the best way to make friends and influence people!
BronzeWhaler doesn't know squat, but he really needs to learn to share information with those that would like to learn, and to not take so much offense when others disagree with him for a good reason (such as not being able to find information to support his views - especially when the information may not even exist). His rebuttal to Viper's post was quite immature, and is not going to make him friends or influence people eitherr (unless they only care about British pride and designwork as BronzeWhaler's previous posts send quite clearly).

From the pages before, it is clear to myself and others that bronze appears to have his facts straight whereas you, as bronzewhale so equontly put it...are a tad mentally unstable.
Much of BronzeWhaler's information I would trust, as he seems to know what he's talking about. Although saying the BBC (not even what program, month, day, year, or anything else) said so is his best proof to date. I would not consider this information accurate when many other accurate and well-referenced books, websites from authorities on the matter, and so on make no mention of British designwork on the Corsair. Again, it is impolite to say he is mentally unstable when you have no reason too, and there is no proof that he is.

True American?????Dont make me laugh please....coming from a country all of 200 years old...the country is a joke as well as the people! f**k hell Viper....sort it out!
Newsflash, if I were to design something, saying it was truly Canadian would be accurate. It would not be British just because we wer originally a British colony. How old the United States is has no relevance on whether or not it is a really country, it is sovereign, even Great Britain recognizes this, thus it is as correct to say it is a true American plane is as accurate as saying the Spitfire is a true British plane. Between your reply and BronzeWhaler's there is a definate feeling that you are both arguing for British pride and anti-American sentiments and not only (if at all) the truth.

If you believe the US isn't a "real" country, I doubt I will believe any nation is, as to the best knowledge available from many sources, none were created at the very start of time.

Have a good day/evening/night gentlemen,
-Archer

P.S. - <sarcastic>Did you know the all British planes from 1936 until 1947 were designed entirely by extra-terrestrials helping the British (they did not reside in Britain, and were thus not British)? I heard it on the BBC.

And don't tell me that I'm wrong unless you can prove to me that this was not the case (which would involve a book or knowledgeable source specifically stating extra-terrestrials in no way, shape, or form worked on the design of the Spitfire and that it was purely done by British humans - the publicized designers of these aircraft are not trustworthy sources for example because the BBC said they were paid very well to maintain their cover stories for 100 years)</sarcastic>

P.P.S. - That was a ridiculous example, but has the same point as claiming the Corsair was partially designed by the British and not providing any sources or further details, yet not accepting anyone's arguments that you are wrong based on the fact that they can't find any information to say the British specifically did no design work on the Corsair. Don't think that's my belief, for the very obvious reasons.

bronzewhaler82 said:
Viper mate - i think you're a tad mentally unstable ;) - not to mention deep deep deep in denile - you're the one who doesn't know what hes talking about pal - we DID help design it - the yanks DON'T deserve all the credit and thanks to records that EXIST the yanks DON'T get all the credit - nothing some plonker like you is ever going to change - get over it quick, its boring me

:rolleyes:
whaler im beond words here!!! metaly unstable?!?!? no not even,its you that is,"o the corsair isnt a 100% american plane,its britesh" ya....NO,just shutup,its a yank plane maybe you should look up some history on it,u obviously s%^* only noe about how the brits fixed the gear!! na d stretch that out to make it sound like the brits did everything,ur an idiot,look up on one of the most AMERICAN planes,im jus beond words here....just anger,just shutup and keep your damm opinions to yourself,your the only one here that thinks brits deserve all the credit and NEVER diss me again when your the idiot

That last comment about how America sucks, you burn in Hell!!! F$%^ Viper?? Oooo I'm keeping comments back here.....you can't beat what Archer said, you just can't, you don't have a clue in the world about the Corsair, nothing at all, you should be dammed ashamed of yourself, about the comments you made and the amount of stuff you know about the Corsair.

Yes true American, don't you dare say it wasn't, don't even dare!!! The apearance is American, I give the Brits credit for the gear (which was a major help, not denying that), nothing more nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back