Where did you get your info. This is the first time I heard that since all that was ever told about Buffalo sqdrns being wiped out. I don't think their kill ratio would be that good. UNLESS , you're counting the Finnish pilots that used the Buffalo.
Of course I count the FAF with this as they were flying the Buffalo. It shows that in capable hands the Buffalo was better than can be concluded from the results in the PTO (I know some-one will claim now that the VVS were the worst AF in the world

) .
The Dutch pilots did not do so well. 72 a/c was way to few for the big area in NEI. They also didn't have early warning etc. The pilots were mostly inexperienced, just like their British collogues on the Buffalo. The same counts for the marines at Midway. Bad tactics, late warnings (means you won't have an altitude advantage) and inexperience meant that the Japanese would walk right over them. The B339's in the NEI did achieve a ratio of somewhere near 2:1.. The British had more problems with their buffalo as they had weaker engines (Dutch D version had 1200 hp compared to 1100 in the British E versions) and were much heavier with equipment. The Dutch considered the B339D as a decent aircraft and even preferred them over their 12 Hurricane MKIIB aircraft.
My claim is still that the bad reputation of the Buffalo is caused by propaganda and politics:
1. the allies could not admit that their pilots were inferior to the Japanese, so blame equipment (Buffalo as sheepgoat)
2. The US wanted to get rid of the very bad Brewster factory with their slow output and bad management.
With the last point you can say that it was fortunate that the USN choose the Wildcat. But I think just comparing the technically, there was not much to choose between the 2. The first point was just propaganda.
Having said this, I will never claim that the Buffalo was the best a/c in the PTO. It was just as bad, or as good, as all other allied types at the start of the PTO.