Best Scene from a War Movie or TV show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like to add final episode of Band of brothers. When the German General is speeking to his troops and gives his final speech.

And still one of my favorite scenes in Empire of the sun when the young boy walks up to a Zero, at the airfield and the pilots salute him.

I don't know if it's the best scene, but how about in River Kawai when Col. Nicholson falls on his own detonator. Almost funny.

The Empire of the Sun airfield attack scene: Mystical.

I wasn't expecting and yet somehow new something was going to happen to that Zero in front of the sun.

I hate 2 say it but, i've never seen that movie.. is it worth while?

Little on the long and drawn out side but the main character does have at thing for airplanes. He'd fit in pretty well on this board.

The airplane/air scenes are well shot but there aren't many of them.

Its not really a war movie and the movie is a comedy but I will allways love the Vietnam part of Forrest Gump. The part where Forrest is running through the Jungle because Jennie told him to just run and then he gets shot in the ass!

Again I know it is not a war movie and trust me I sure as hell know it was not a realistic movie. It is a comedy for christs sake but I will allways like that part.

Last edited:
I've just remembered a comedy film I saw once, a guy gets captured in WW1
and he sets an escape plan. No-one wants to escape though, so he goes on his own. He gets recaptured. he goes to a top security POW camp where he tries to escape but his fellow prisoners stop him. Then all the prisoners except him escape. Then the GUARDS escape, but instead of walking out the gate, he tries his own methods. The best bit was,
"then a Teriible thing happend. THE WAR ENDED!"
In the end the guy is the only man not to escape the camp.
I wish I could remember the names.

very good one..

others are:

apocolypse now.. surfing scene, rockets at the blackwater boat
Full metal Jacket... woman sniper scene
Patton.. shooting .45 at He 111
I believe in that scene, early on in that great movie- Patton was shooting a Colt .32 Officers issue, carried in a shoulder holster- Not one of his legendary Colt SA Army revolvers in .45 cal. Doing any damage with either the Colt .32 Special, or its counterpart- the Walther PPK- would be akin to stopping a charging Rhino in Africa with a Daisy "Red Ryder" BB gun-IMO!

Last edited:
Dad's Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorites are every scene from the series Dad's Army, about the British Home gaurd in WW2. :lol: just thinking about it makes me laugh!
A few faveorite lines;
Jones walkes in with a bandage on his finger.
JONES-sory Mr. Mainwaring, I had a little accident at the shop.
(pause)
JONES-well, aren't you going to ask me what the accident was?
MAINWARING-you cut your finger
JONES-who told you?
:lol:
also, the most classic lines ofalltime
U-BOAT CAPTAIN- I am making notes captain, and your name will go on the list. And when we win the war you will be braught to a count.
MAINWARING-your not going to win this war
U-BOAT CAPTAIN-Oh yes we are!
MAINWARING-Oh no your not!
PIKE-(singing)Whistle while you work!
Hitler is a twerp!
He's half balmy!
So's his Army!
Whistle while you work!
U-BOAT CAPTAIN-YOU! your name will also go on the list! What is it!
MAINWARING-Don't tell him Pike!
U-BOAT CAPTAIN-Pike! Thank-you. (writes it down)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dad's Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorites are every scene from the series Dad's Army, about the British Home gaurd in WW2. :lol: just thinking about it makes me laugh!
A few faveorite lines;
Jones walkes in with a bandage on his finger.
JONES-sory Mr. Mainwaring, I had a little accident at the shop.
(pause)
JONES-well, aren't you going to ask me what the accident was?
MAINWARING-you cut your finger
JONES-who told you?
:lol:
also, the most classic lines ofalltime
U-BOAT CAPTAIN- I am making notes captain, and your name will go on the list. And when we win the war you will be braught to a count.
MAINWARING-your not going to win this war
MAINWARING-Oh no your not!
PIKE-(singing)Whistle while you work!
Hitler is a twerp!
He's half balmy!
So's his Army!
Whistle while you work!
U-BOAT CAPTAIN-YOU! your name will also go on the list! What is it!
MAINWARING-Don't tell him Pike!
U-BOAT CAPTAIN-Pike! Thank-you. (writes it down)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I heard another variation on that "Snow White" movie tune: "Whistle while you work, Hitler is a jerk- and Mussolini beats his weinie, just to see it squirt.
Whistle for your beer, Goering is a queer- He bumped his rump against a stump, just to make that clear!"

If Indian Wars count, last scene of John Ford's "Stagecoach": 6th U.S. Cavalry that rides to the rescue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back