Best Scene from a War Movie or TV show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Our ship ,USS Guadalcanal, pulled up to within about 3/4 of a mile from it and our Seal team went over and set a charge and blew the puppy up and you know what? It blew just like in the old movies! I couldn't believe it!!
Ive been on the Guad before Doug, and we blew more than a couple of mines in my time...

Heres a shot of one we blew in the North Atlantic....

Attachments

• 0Menavy94.jpg
    0Menavy94.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 276
Here is a little entertainment news. Sequel to Band of Brothers is being shot in Melbourne Australia. Jungle Scenes will be done in North Queensland and Interior scenes filmed in Melbourne Sound Stages. It will be called to my understanding The Pacific

Great news! I heard they were shooting it back in '01 but then it just died away. Heard nothing more. Heard it was going to be the same type of thing as the original but in the Pacific.

Do you know any more? Is there a web site?

Thanks in advance.

My favorite scene has to be the Chopper scene from Apocalypse Now. Why?

Because I remember my first combat Air Assault mission that I flew we were flying some Cav guys in and I was first chopper in the serial which also had Commander of the Cav squadron on board. He comes walking out to my aircraft with a Cav hat on, a shot gun strapped to his back and a cigar hanging out of his mouth. It reminded me of the movie and I was so excited. The whole flight to the objective I was humming the Valkrie song. Everytime I see that scene now I think of that first assault mission that I flew.

Ive been on the Guad before Doug, and we blew more than a couple of mines in my time...

Heres a shot of one we blew in the North Atlantic....

North Atlantic? That must have been there for a while?

I got out of the Air Force in '91. The only job I would have re-enlisted for was EOD but after the first Gulf War, they had a cross training freeze because of a perceived glut in people.

Mine clearing is a quick way to join the Pink Mist Society
There are the HAIRIER MOMENTS!!!!!!:shock: And now kiddies, chapter 2 of " What The Hell Am I Doing Here!!!!! Yea, we found several mines too but the best part was when we caught the Iranians laying the mines! (DER CREWCHIEF will like this part) Army "Killer Bees spotted an Iranian minelayer doing their thing and radioed to the USS LaSalle (Persian Gulf Command ship) ...Up the Chain it went all the way to JCS. They said "Take it out!"
Those boys (2 helos) raked the deck, killing three rag heads and wounding the Capt. Our Seal team went over and captured the minelayer and we took eleven prisoners onboard the Guad. We left the area that night and returned the next day to destroy the dozen or so mines they had planted but we couldn't find them. Before we had left the night before the ships Navigator had plotted our "exact" position and that's where we anchored the following morning. After several hours of minesweeping to no avail it was discovered that the spot we had returned to was right in the middle of the mine field!!!!!

And several fellas I know that were EOD have come down with Gulf War Syndrome....

Piss on that...
I hate to say it but, thanks for saying that because i have wondered for years if i should have tried harder (I don't like to quit.... i'll always find a way).

My doors were closed but I could have nerve damage.

Les... start a new thread on gulf war syndrome...

Depleated uranium, nerve gas residue, oil fire fallout?

Great news! I heard they were shooting it back in '01 but then it just died away. Heard nothing more. Heard it was going to be the same type of thing as the original but in the Pacific.

Do you know any more? Is there a web site?

Thanks in advance.

No Tim just what I saw on the Sky news channel last week. they had some industrial problems with film crews here in Aussie but it seems all good to go. Makes sense to make a film about Pacific war here Tim. Location for one and thousands of US Troops were stationed here during War. Would you believe Tim about a mile from my home is still 2 Nissan Huts from the War . The area I live in Tim during the War were bases for US and Australian Military. I sometimes think it would be great to talk to say some one who was stationed around here and exchange photos with him or information about the changes taken place around Redbank since the War

It will take a while but I'd like edit these scenes together and make a DVD for private use (be still Copyright Gods).

I'd like to expand the thread to any gunplay, Mob movies, Westerns.

Bonnie and Clyde - the car being riddled
Open Range - Gun Fight at the end was awesome
Lord of War - Great opening sequence

Well, there was this brilliant bit in Pearl Harbour, where Ben Affleck......ok seriously, I woulds have to list

Platoon - the end fight where the bombs start coming down
Brotherhood - hand to hand fighting on the hill
Thin Red Line - attacking the hilltop encampment
We Were Soldiers - 'Gentlemen.......prepare to defend yourselves!'
All Quiet on the Western Front - French attack, get massacred for no gain. Germans counter attack, all get massacred
Enemy at the Gates - the opening battle
Saving Private Ryan - obviously
Black Hawk Down - the two deltas defending the crashed chopper
Stalingrad - freezing at the end

or the whole civil war scene in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back