Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just thinking someone would be smart and mention that Russian glider tank.................

but then again, a floating tank is a good idea ...........................

Plan D, you confused me with that sig-change mid conversation--who's this guy, I thought...

I mentioned the numbers because you did. Basically, if you want to claim that the Stuka had a numerical advantage vis a vis targets, I can point out that the Il-2 had an advantage vis a vis, er, Il-2s...

As I said, though, there's no doubt that the Il-2 was the tougher plane (though that 1-seater-no-rear-gunner thing was a bad idea) but, really ANY ground attack tank buster is going to lose to a fighter. But how many tank killers first flew in 1935, first flew in combat in 1938, and were still flying in 1945?

When you consider that the Il-2 did zip before 1941, then the Stuka is a candidate for best tank buster, on the basis of longevity alone.

Good grief, you guys are way too fast...

And not having anything else to do the job is a compliment to that which is doing the job...

I remember the glider tank, I posted the picture of it.
Sorry about that, DP. I hope it wasn't too confusing.

The Sturmovik was just better than the Stuka though. On ability the Sturmovik was better, so there...

Erm...erm...hmmmm....let me think....hmmm.....that is a hard question...I'M A FREAK!!!

I'm going to drown my sorrows.

plan_D said:
The Sturmovik was just better than the Stuka though. On ability the Sturmovik was better, so there...

"So there"? Is that it then?

If you'd rather not discuss the points, fine. The Stuka did more, so there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread