Best transporter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i think thet we all agree thet the c-47 was the best ju-52 was not bad.
i dont know english very well so forgive me if i have meystikes in my writing. :(

Attachments

• too_little_too_late_839.jpg
    too_little_too_late_839.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 924
ok i didn't know you can't speak english that well so i may have commented on your spelling in the ugliest plane thread, can i apologise now.........................

and i think we all agree with you about the C-47......................

On impact it definately was the best.

And the pilots and navigators were excellent, Caen De Canal Bridge-June 6th-1944. 8)

The Caen De Canal bridge was Pegasus Bridge, the glider borne troops there landed within a few metres of the Bridge.

One even landed with it's nose placed into the entanglement of the defence of brigde. The Germans must have been quite surprised.

The 2nd Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire only lost 2 men taking that bridge too.

i meant the first part of you mesaage, i know about pegasus bridge, i'm mean the part about the navigators being exelent, i'm not saying they weren't, i'm just saying that the paratroopers scattered over northern franch wouldn't agree with me........................

I was talking about the Horsa pilots and navigators. The Dakota pilots had a hard time, but the British drop zones were not even nearly as scattered as the American ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back