Best World War II Aircraft?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dont tell them they are wrong, Lanc. I just share my opinion on the matter.

Maybe I should share my opinion more on yours too...

I was just telling you not to try and go there.

Okay now, get back on topic...

Next person explain why they think that said aircraft is the best:

Yep that is very straight forward, the 190 was superior in all areas to all marks of spit up to and including the V, so how does one possibly compare the Hurricane to the 190?
The Hurricane was the one in numbers during 1940, it saved the day, and the free world.

The fact is simple. The spitfire looked good. It was every bit as dashing as the young men who flew it, and in flight it was as graceful as any bird.
You had Mr. Churchill on the wireless (radio for those of you with an american disposition :rolleyes: ) explaining we'd never surrender, and above the sound of the great merlin engine, and you couldn't help thinking; yes, we can win this thing.
Possibly, just possibly, the spitfire is the greatest machine ever made.

Possibly, just possibly, the spitfire is the greatest machine ever made.
The raw material that went into Spitfires was probably delivered by a C-47...

Folks, you're too hung up on fighters - there's a lot more to flying than air combat. The multi-role ability, ease of maintenance, longevity and versatility of the C-47 places it as not only the overall best aircraft of WW2, but probably the best aircraft ever built, PERIOD!

The raw material that went into Spitfires was probably delivered by a C-47...

C'mon now, Joe, that's far-fetched. You know the material used to build the Spitfire would have been delivered by train, truck and ship. Unless Britain used C-47s to move metal from the mills to workshops, or the U.S used C-47s to deliver war material across the Atlantic.

C'mon now, Joe, that's far-fetched. You know the material used to build the Spitfire would have been delivered by train, truck and ship. Unless Britain used C-47s to move metal from the mills to workshops, or the U.S used C-47s to deliver war material across the Atlantic.
You know I'm making a point... :rolleyes:

I know you are...but make a better one and say the spares were delivered by the C-47... especially in Burma. *sneaks off* :lol:

And all the food, ammo, hats, condoms, toothpicks, lighters, pubic hair, cups, boot laces, mail, hay, excrement... basically everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back