Best WW2 Air Combat Board Game??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
This is my first post on this site, so sorry if this is in the wrong area for this kind of post. Now I will get to the point. I have always loved WW2 air combat books and have looked for a good board game that represents WW2 air combat correctly as possible. I have played a few with mixed feelings, I will list them and grade them:

Actung Spitfire: Cool but very complex and alot I mean alot of book keeping invloved. My friends would never play it b/c there was to much book keeping involved. The idea was good but to slow and complex with to much book keeping. Game was played on tactical level which I liked, allowed for pilot growth was extra cool. Grade over all C-

Luftwaffe (Avalon Hill): Very simple, fun but too simple for my liking. This game was played on a strategical level that did not allow you to fly your own plane, that was bad. Grade over all D-

What I want from a game is to fly my own plane from WW2 vs other planes (from WW2 ran by my friends) in combat. I want it to be detailed but not so much so that I need to be math genius to figure it out or to keep the rule book out to ref rules 100% of the time. What game do you like or recommend and why? Please give detailed explanations and game names, based on this I will buy this game and hope it makes me happy. Thanks for your input and help.

ps Cool site.

Anyone here able to help me ? Is there a better place on this forum that I could of placed this thread? Help me plzzzzz

Hi Hunter and welcome to the forum!
smile_welcome.gif

I'm doubtful we got a section for WWII A/C Board Games here... :lol:
Actually, I never knew there are any such games.
Could you please describe them games more?
I'm familiar with board games like Carcassone, Warhammer, monopoly, damn even Jumanji I have but WWII Air Combatism? :shock:

Cheers,
Pisis

Hunter368 said:
What I want from a game is to fly my own plane from WW2 vs other planes (from WW2 ran by my friends) in combat.

Simple advice: a PC WWII Sim Game... :D

You guys can just look up on yahoo the names I gave in my first post and you will find the two board games I was talking about. Anyone out there that has played a WW2 air combat game please post here and talk about it, good or bad I just want to hear about it. Thanks

No one here has played a WW2 air combat board game ?? Plz if you have share it with us. I thought when I started this thread I would get many people giving me information on their fav air combat WW2 board game. Can it be that none of you have played one ?

I think there might've been one in one of the older Historic Aviation catalogs, cant remember what it was though. I'll have a look around later and see if I can find the one it was in....

Please do look I would love to know about it, maybe I could find it on ebay or something.

I have found many board games about WW2 aircombat after a few weeks of research on the net. If anyone is interested plz let me know and I would be happy to talk you about them or direct you to where you can look for yourself. Some of them seem very cool indeed. Mark

damn i aint played that in years!

alright, if anyone says his name me and CC'll pay a visit in the night ;) i'm assuming the canadian version's the same as ours where the person can't speak again till someone says their name ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back