Bf 109H-V54 1:32 based on 21st Century G14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next step was the empennage.

The outline of the vertical tail rudder is questionable. I tried to follow some drawings which all differt slightly from each other.

From the right side.

Starts looking like a "Messerschmitt".

Last edited:
For camoulage I decided to use light colors because of the high altitude job the 109 H would have to do.

The pattern follows a drawing I found in "Airclassic".

I am not too happy with acrylics. Very often the sprayguns get stoppages or spit. Problems I never had with my old Pactra enemals. Maybe acrylics tend to dry too fast.

I am glad I didn't throw away my enamals with the advent of acrylics.

As I know till now the V-54 never carried any guns. She looks a bit naked without them. So I added cowl MG's a "Motorkanone" and MG 151 gondalas for a nicer outfit of the old lady.

Last edited:
I am glad you enjoy the thread.
After a coat with clear acrylics the decals went on without problems. The kit decals of the 21st kit are surprisingly numerous and good - in my oppnion at least.

the decals are sturdy and handle far better than Tamiyas fragile ones. No silvering at all.

Will have to downtone the bright crosses and letters on the fuselage.

The instrument panel of the kit isn't a winner so it will be changed at a later stage of finishing.

the belly before weathering while the crosses got their share of downtoning yet.

Very nice work Michael, and I agree with your feelings about acrylic paints - they're ok, but I much prefer enamels. And the 21st century decals are indeed very good, better than in some main stream kits, and I believe they're made by 'Superscale' (were Microscale) .

Users who are viewing this thread