Bf 110 E-2 Tropical Eduard 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajcmac

Airman 1st Class
Aug 29, 2009
Vila Real
I have this model for some time now.

Bf110E001.gif

A friend who bought the Royal Class and has already made ​​two models offered me a sheet of decals and two filters for use leftover tropical assemblies did.

The version I intend to do.

Bf110E002.gif

I already have all the interiors glued and painted with Tamiya XF-22's, by parts, once everything is painted RLM 02 except to the dashboard which is RLM 66, but I intend to use PE of the few that was left.

Bf110E003.gif

Bf110E004.gif

Bf110E005.gif

Bf110E009.gif

Bf110E010.gif

Bf110E012.gif

I've seen that in terms of fitting will not have the easy life. Let's see what will come out.

Regards

ajcmac

Looking good so far. I've just found and ordered the old Fujimi kit, so it'll be good to see the differences in kits over 30+ years, when I last built the Fujimi version.

The only real fit issue I found - and it's a big one - is the engine nacelles attaching to the wings. I had to use quite a bit of putty on mine in this area but everything else was pretty good.

i didn't have such a big a problem with the nacelles as Andy, i ran into a little trouble closing up the fuselage but that was because i was not careful enough when fitting all the cockpit bits together, especially the folding seat for the wireless operator !

Good start, and I'm with Andy on the poor fit of the engine nacelles. These are more then likely to require a substantial amount of filling and sanding. These Eduard Bf-110 kits can be a real pain in certain areas, but if you use enough elbow grease the result is great and very rewarding.

Thanks for the watch and warnings of trouble fitting that this model has.

The engine cowling had to be sanded but I do not think I will have big problems when the glue on the wings. The gap is not much.

Bf110E042.gif

Bf110E043.gif

But I have to sand the joints of the fuselage, below, and union wings with the fuselage. So, yes, there is a rather large gap.

I started weathering the interiors.

Bf110E014.gif

Bf110E015.gif

Bf110E016.gif

Bf110E017.gif

Bf110E018.gif

Bf110E019.gif

Completed levers with wood glue.

Bf110E020.gif

Bf110E021.gif

Now, paint the details.

Regards

ajcmac

Looks good! In retrospect the gaps along the engine nacelles aren't the worst part of it, but there's a good chance a step will remain if you don't pay attention when glueing the nacelles in place. I have to agree with ya though, a litte extra sanding and trimming here and there can go a long way in improving the fit.

I completed the 'office' of the pilot ...

Bf110E036.gif

Bf110E037.gif

Bf110E038.gif

Bf110E039.gif

... and the front compartment of the machine guns.

Bf110E040.gif

Bf110E041.gif

Bf110E047.gif

And it's all for now.

Regards

ajcmac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back