Bf 110G-4, Gruppenkommandeur II./NJG 5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry

yes I have the Mossie codes somewhere, was in contact several times earlier in the year with the 605th sqdn rep which confirmed my suspicions, they never did find the Mossie crew as it was over the north sea
am going to have to check on this .... codes that is.

one of the letters is H Terry, cannot seem to find the full code or serial number so will have to go back to the drawing board.

3 August 1943 location : south of Westerland. 605th sqdn was doing low level intruder in the area of Parchim and Jagel. odd in a way my cousin was killed in December of 43 just outside of II./NJG 5's A/F at Parchim.

605th sqdn crew :

F/O Albert P. Aylott
P/O James Samuel Evans

their names are placed on the Runnymede Memorial panels 123 and 124.

RIP

another oddity is that Baer and crew nearly lost their lives on the previous night from a Mossie intruder while flying low-level to their field, their Do 217 was badly shot to pieces: 4km south of Rantum. the Do was 80 % loss. all 3 crewmen were injured from a 418th sqdn Mossie - FB VI.

interesting what you can find if you take your time with research // thanks to member Mark Huxtable as well.......

Found the Revell kit of the G-4 Harrsion, which is basically the same kit as the Monogram/Pro Modeller. It's at King Kit in the UK, priced at £19.99, plus shipping, which should be around £8 to £9 at a guess. It's the same one I built for the first Group Build (see pic.), courtesy of Jan. Still owe you that picture old chap !

Attachments

• 110 Build 257.jpg
    110 Build 257.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 95
handsome kit. well I know of 1 kill with the Bf 110G-4 for Hans the rest look like flying the Do 217 variants

supposed 12 kills have found 9 that can be attributed to him which includes the Mossie intruder. the camo am still uncertain but think a very light blue-white-grey for winter

Looks like we were posting at the same time Erich ! That's a good start, it looks like it would have been UP- H, a MkVI. The Squadron converted from MkIIs in July 1943, and there's a very good chance the serial number was in the HJ*** range,
for example, HJ790. I don't know if the Squadron ORB is accessible on-line, but I'll have a look. Failing that, I can also look in my own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back