BikerBabe's photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Later in april, the sun gained more power, which of course had its effect on nature:

The trees started to sprout buds.

Tiny flowers started popping up everywhere.

And the trees had flowers.

Last edited:
And here's a series of photos shot on easter sunday at (primarily) Munkholm.
We stopped to get something to eat, and soon afterwards, one vintage car and motorcycle after the other started driving by.
Of course I didn't want to miss this, so here's a lot of vintage cars for the car geeks:

And the motorcycles, both old and new:

After a couple of hours, we left.

The trees are turning a light green from all the new leaves - everything was light/bright green, it was so nice!

Just bimbling along...

Of course there were other motorcycle riders out, enjoying the wonderful sunshine.

At Ellinge Lyng, we took a break and went to the beach.

The beach is out there somewhere...in the distance...

Bingo! There it is - the water!

YOU have been busy! Very cool shots mam! I especially like the road shots. The Mustang was a surprise cause I don't think there are to many of'em in that part of the world. Thank you for sharing Maria.

Thanks a lot guys! *curtsies*

Here's a teaser for tomorrow: Biker buddy Jørn and yours truly, plus a few more pics from today.
Plenty of pics'll follow tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks again guys. *deep bow*

Yesterday, Jørn and I went to The Co-operative Village Nyvang.
I had seen on their homepage that they had set up an arrangement to illustrate the german occupation of Denmark in 1940, the war years, and the liberation of Denmark in 1945 in the villages and small towns of Denmark, and so of course I wanted to go.
I talked it over with Jørn, who agreed to go, although he was VERY wary about going.
He was worried that the co-operative village-guys had set something of a show up, that would cheapen the whole war thing just to make some money, y'know: kinda Disneyland-style.
Fortunately it wasn't so.

We arrived in the afternoon after a nice motorcycle ride on the motorway from Ballerup to Holbæk - 59 km's, so it wasn't very far away.
When we arrived, we bought the tickets and got some booklets with the program about the weekend's WW2 arrangements and other things.
The weather was a little cool but sunny, clear blue skies, and a little wind, so it was perfect motorcycle weather.

When we walked into the village, we were first greeted by the german guards by the road checkpoint - and yes, they WERE real germans, except for the young gentleman to the left:

Most transport in the countryside here in Denmark during the war years was by either horse, carriage or motorcycle - the latter only if you were fortunate enough to be able to get gasoline, that were rationed very strictly.
People who had to use a truck or a motorcycle for their shop and/or business had to have gasoline, and so many many people had to set their car aside during the five years that the war lasted, and go by foot, bicycle, train or bus.

When we got into the village, I have to admit that I just had to pull myself together - the sight of people with guns in the street and on the lawns is so unusual to me, that my own reaction amused me.
I almost jumped at the sight, even though I did expect it from the start.

And of course I had to photograph that Zündapp thoroughly.

And one of the guys let me photograph him and his uniform.

The village is a really nice place - calm, quiet, with lots of old houses and shops, and the horse carriages only makes it a lot better.
There's nothing like the calm sound of a horse walking slowly.

Here, the local butcher is closing down for the day. And yes, it is a real butcher's shop, where you can buy meat and old-fashioned made meat products. Yum!

There's also a small radio museum:

And a bicycle repairman's workshop:

Then there were the cars....oooh, the cars!
The ambulance:

The brewery's truck, which were used when the re-enactors showed how the resistance fighters picked up the local snitches; the beech branches have been put on the truck as a sign of celebration of the liberation of Denmark:

The Telephone Company truck:

The local big farmer's car:

One of the local haulage boss' truck:

And of course the local road workers had their steamroller:

Getting ready to roll:

It sure didn't go very fast.

And of course the german troops were there, too:

We finished for the day with a very delayed and solid lunch at the café.
The cashier lady:

Classic danish enamelled kitchen utensils, called "Madam Blå" - Madame Blue:

I like the Rich's packets in particular.
Rich's was a huge brand of replacement coffee during the war years, where the children (if you had any) could collect cards, typically cars, nature, police and fire departments and such. The cards were elclosed in the packets of replacement coffee, and you could buy albums for the cards. I've got a few albums that my father collected:

What's going on?

Ther german owner gave some of the volunteer re-enactors rides:

And that was about it.
So we had a great day, Jørn was surprised in the most positive manner about the whole thing, and both he and I had fun.

Cheers,

Maria.

Looks like you guys had a great time and you took some excellent shots there Maria. I'm glad they kept to the historically correct and didn't step out of bounds with the portrayal of events.

Users who are viewing this thread