Bikes that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:twisted: Where are the drips pans under the British bikes?

:twisted: Where are the drips pans under the British bikes?

Hahaha.. they didn't call them 'Royal Oilfields' for nothing :)
Its that stupid vertically spilt crankcase. Almost impossible to make 100% oil tight.

I suspect that there is no engine oil in those bikes. No oil No leak.

my grandchildren just moved back into the area. now i will be able to actually spend time with them. i have a few antique trailbikes in the garage i have collected over the years. when my father was in business we sold this brand called a Gemini SST. it was from china...had a yamaha 50cc and 80cc engine. was feeling nostalgic after dad died and bought a few of them....this winter i will resurrect one for my grandson. got to get the boy growing up right...knowing the joy of 2 wheels....then i will get him into a plane. my daughter is going to hate me...lol

80cc.jpg

50cc.jpg

Last edited:
got to love a good cafe racer....was going to rebuild my 76 bonne back to original but got bit by the cafe racer bug....so going that way instead.

Loving the Vincent, there's a OZ (or NZ if not either, then a UK) company called Irving something that make noew old Vincent/H.R.D. motors with some minor modernised internals - those Vincents sound really nice when I've heard one or two twins and Comet singles at the track (Mallory Snetterton, CRMC) in years past.
Like the Norton above too, though the new offical Nortan clubman/café-racer looks bloodie good too. Thouigh I'd still want a Kwacker 250 or 636 for everyday...

Loving the Vincent, there's a OZ (or NZ if not either, then a UK) company called Irving something that make noew old Vincent/H.R.D. motors with some minor modernised internals - those Vincents sound really nice when I've heard one or two twins and Comet singles at the track (Mallory Snetterton, CRMC) in years past.
Like the Norton above too, though the new offical Nortan clubman/café-racer looks bloodie good too. Thouigh I'd still want a Kwacker 250 or 636 for everyday...

That Norton is a beast, I saw it see of the whole field of Ducatis and Aprillias in the wet at Croft Autodrome ridden by the builder Roy Thersby (the guy who made the video). I didnt know it at the time but I used to deliver news papers to Ken Redferns house and used to have a beer with the guy who was on the back of his bike when he died, no one knows what happened one of Britains best riders just left the road and crashed on a perfectly sound motorbike on a dry road. Absolute tragedy.

ducati-748-12.jpg

Bringing it up a few years, but...
Had a spin on one of these beauties the other day. Didn't get on really, despite it being one of my dream bikes. Hard, unforgiving and bloody uncomfortable for a lanky fella. But the noise it produced was unreal! I'm sure it'd be a little more fun on the track than our pot hole ridden, stupid car driver packed roads :cry:

2011-BMW-S1000RR-Black.jpg

It might not be pretty, but I can positively assure you, that this is not boring in any respect. An absolute beast of a bike, and a dream to ride. Naughty, grin inducing, manic fun! If only I had 10k spare...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back