Bikes that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I raise you a 1973 MV Agusta 750S.... 8)

73MV_zpsccpldhh2.jpg

Ok, well it's only a couple of months away now so, for those petrol heads, the Worlds oldest motor race will be not long away, so without further ado, a vid I found and didn't make - warning it has some newer Progidy (dubstep remixes) music spread throughout, I hope you enjoy 8)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IgmBnHMdXg
Oh and the titles misleading in some respects I think -although I haven't seen a 2013 TT DVD
Current Lap Records (Wiki)
Isle of Man
Mmm the IOM Coat of Arms or Triskelion , would look cool on what if A/C paint scheme.

Last edited:
I went to Whitchurch today for 'The Big Breakfast'. It was rammed; must have been 2000 bikes. Given most of you are into your retro/classics, and with that in mind I went out on a mission to find the best ones and grab some photos for you. I've also got a video of a Ducati Desmo Mike Hailwood rep being fired up, I'll youtube it later! Excuse the quality if you think it's lacking, taken with my iPhone. I'll post any others in my photo thread when I get round to it.

Old boy firing up his Mike Hailwood rep...
IMG_1011.jpg

Barry Sheene rep (I think) No idea what type of bike?
IMG_1010.jpg

Beautiful little cafe racer. I said to my friend that one of these would be great on a day like this, with the amount of traffic...Maybe I'm getting old? :D ...
IMG_1009.jpg

BSA Thingybob leak oil everywhere..
IMG_1015.jpg

Firing up the old dog...
IMG_1018.jpg

Best of British in a row...
IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

The sheene rep looks like a GT750 watercooled triple two stroke with aftermarket fibre glass (look like Dunstall). Fast smooth thirsty and handled like a camel, you needed someone on the back to stop the tank slappers and that meant no ground clearance (a friend had one)

Yip, now we're talking!

1946 Harley UL Flathead Bobber..

1946_Harley_UL_Flathead_Bobber_486x367_zps6g0sisoa.jpg

Not too shabby either..

1942 Harley WLA Flathead Bobber..

1942_Harley_Flathead_WLA_Bobber_468x322_zpsfla8k0yp.jpg

The sheene rep looks like a GT750 watercooled triple two stroke with aftermarket fibre glass (look like Dunstall). Fast smooth thirsty and handled like a camel, you needed someone on the back to stop the tank slappers and that meant no ground clearance (a friend had one)

Pretty sure the RD350LC was like that too; tank slapper galore. The SRAD still throws me the occasional wiggle of the handlebars if I'm a little too heavy on the throttle! :D

Just hit 36k miles on it now, 12k are my own in less than a year. I've toured, done track days, commuted, had casual rides on it and even had a lowside - ridden in the rain, snow and sun. More than most cruiser types I bet! And they still call me a 'weekend warrior'...

IMG_1081.jpg

Pretty sure the RD350LC was like that too; tank slapper galore. The SRAD still throws me the occasional wiggle of the handlebars if I'm a little too heavy on the throttle! :D

Just hit 36k miles on it now, 12k are my own in less than a year. I've toured, done track days, commuted, had casual rides on it and even had a lowside - ridden in the rain, snow and sun. More than most cruiser types I bet! And they still call me a 'weekend warrior'...

View attachment 261161

I raced the 350LC (YPVS) it had more power (mainly more torque) than the RD 400 but was top heavy and the nose fairing induced wobbles. It had a second per lap on the 400 but just wasnt a good bike to ride. The LC 250 was the dogs balls for me but that was the bike I did my winning on.

A couple years ago, I told Rosi I was thinking about getting a Hyabusa...she said no. I said, "fine, I'll look around and get another Katana (used to have one several years ago) and she said no. Her reasoning was that I could get killed on one so there would be no bikes.

I said fine, I'll get an airplane instead. Without hesitation, she said that was ok. (Either she was using reverse psychology on me or she new I couldn't afford one).

There is just no winning with a woman...

I have worked on ( and owned ) quite a few of those engines and they aren't so sexy when you remove their covers and find out that everything inside is worn out and you can't get replacement parts easily ;)
But I love 'em just the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back