Bikes that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
bsa-rocket-gold-star-05.jpg

60BSA-DBD34-ClubmGStar-R.jpg

1959 Triumph Bonneville T120.jpg

ajs_7r.jpg

Manx Norton.jpg

1947 Indian Chief.jpg

Harley Davidson 45.jpg

Harley Davidson Knucklehead.jpg

Vincent Black Shadow.jpg

Ducati 900 SS.jpg

All beauts, like some of the old Norton's and Gilera's also..

My oldest bike, purchased new in 1970, is my Suzuki T500 Titan III. Now belongs to my son who spent about 2 years restoring it

Attachments

• 1970-suzuki-t500-titan.jpg
    1970-suzuki-t500-titan.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 1970-suzuki-t500-titan2.jpg
    1970-suzuki-t500-titan2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,012
Got to love the original inspiration of the term 'Superbike' the SOHC Honda CB750 - that last modern pic, to me, the white walled tyres just look wrong on non American big twins.

Nice Titan too! a rare bike, that were it in the UK would be like rocking horse poo,; you can easily see this was the inspiration for Kawasaki to make their triples

Last edited:
Does this count? A Brimstone Quadracycle. Comes with a 427-455 cubic inch, 300-750 HP engine depending on how fast you want to kill yourself!

0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds.
0-120 mph in 6 seconds.
Soil your undies in .5 seconds.

Brimstone Quad.JPG

Last edited:
love the honda 750. dad bequeathed me his 79 cb 650 which i am almost done with. found most of the exhaust system new old stock...new seat cover...tires....engine seals. will pass this bike down to my son too. the crown for the term "super bike" should have been given to that vincent black shadow. even back in the 50s...right from the show room you could "ton up" and do another 1/2..... close to 150 mph. besides fonda's chopper in easy rider....my all time favorite and a bike i WILL own some day....mid 70s norton 750/850 commando.

If money wasn't the issue, I'd have a Slater Brothers Jota or Montiuchi (name? the 500cc twin to the 750 triple - the SFC) in my virtual garage; for those thinking "..eh? Jota! wtf?" the Jota was a British built/reconstructed tuned version of the 1200 triple Laverda (touring) rival to the original Honda Goldwing, from the heyday they had in the 70's Bol D'or Endurance eras.
The later/last Laverda's seemed lamer, they tried to hard to be modern and Gixer like than have a little celebration of the 'classic' years. Not bad for a combine harvester/farm wood working machinery company though.
..Coincedentally I wonder if they became part of the Belusconi syndicate of companies like Ariston Benilli are/were?

Last edited:
The Triumph T120 and AJS 7R are my favourite, the Ducati is lovely too.

I'm going to pop to the National Motorbike Museum next week, it's only down the road from me. I will take the camera :) Plenty of oldies in there.

If your a two wheeled petrol head engineering historical type of guy, you'll love it with all likelihood :D - though for younger kids or the perhaps a less than bike friendly misses, it might be a bit boring after a while..

If your a two wheeled petrol head engineering historical type of guy, you'll love it with all likelihood :D - though for younger kids or the perhaps a less than bike friendly misses, it might be a bit boring after a while..

I'll go alone so I can take some time to look round and take some photographs :) I'm 21 and love history, although some may find that boring...my usual ride is a oldie, but not museum worthy yet :p
1001321_10151505340172099_564465489_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back