Blokes behind the posts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DAVIDICUS said:
There's Nothing like a big American breakfast. Buttered pancakes ... with syrup ... eggs ... bacon ... sausage ... Oh my God, I think I'm having an orgasm!:oops:

The British mouth, with it's inferior teeth, is simply incapable of high performance mastication for extended periods of time which the consumption of this fare requires. :lol:

Masticating is perfectly normal Dave but not at the breakfast table .
How can British teeth be inferior we don't have any, by breeding out the need for teeth we have saved the world from fluoride pollution.

I always like the US breakfast apart from the streaky bacon bloody hell even American braced, capped and bleached gnashers have there work cut out gnawing there way through that boot leather.
Normally I take a set of Ex WD case hardened battle teeth to the States just for that sole purpose.:)

Trackend said, "Masticating is perfectly normal Dave but not at the breakfast table."

In light of the prevailing state of British dental hygiene I can understand why "masticating" aka "chewing" isn't normal at the breakfast table. :lol:

I'm having a blast on this site - its really neat to see so many enthusiast from all over the world!

I've been in love with aviation since the age of four - P-38 and F-86 were my favorite aircraft. I've been in the aviation business for 28 years and worked for Lockheed, Boeing and Northrop, to name a few. I also spent 8 years in the US Naval reserve as a P-3 engine mechanic. Currently I work at the US Air Force Academy. I learned how to fly about 12 years ago and am also a part time flight instructor. I had the opportunity to fly in such aircraft as an F-4, T-33, MiG-15UTI, Fouga, UH-1H and L-29 Delfin. Last month I got to fly the L-29 from the front seat and am hoping to get my LOA so I could fly it solo. I also fly a bunch of GA airplanes (C-172, 182s, AKA bugsmashers).

I really appreciate the opportunity to join this site!

Sincerely,

FLYBOYJ :D

Attachments

• joef4_658.jpg
    joef4_658.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 579
Nice shot! We have a couple of L-39 Albatross trainers down at Camarillo that have flown on several occasions. I think they have been flying with the Navy as they often are armed with inert missiles. Are the L-29s part of miltary training, or private owned?

Privately Owned - These guys call them selfs the "Thunder Delfins." They do a lot of precision formation stuff, They'll be at Gullespi at the end of the month.

Worked on L-39s - nice airplanes, designed a lot different from the usual east bloc stuff, but they aren't that much faster than an L-29. My father in law flies with these guys once and awhile, he gives check-outs in both L-29s and 39s.

Cheddar said, "Im dying for a bit of mastication right now."

I think you're confusing the word "masterbation" with "mastication." :lol:

No im not 8) But seeing as the two words are very similar, it could have a slightly humourous edge ;) I mea, do you really think I would announce on here if I wanted to go off and fight the purple headed warrior? ;) :shock: :lol:

Nice shots BTW Flyboy and welcome to the site! 8)

Spose I'll join join in the fun :) I'm 21, a final year history and philosophy major at Lancaster Uni in the UK. Im planning to do my MA next year, then get a job of some description...unless they fund me for a PhD :)
Ive been into aviation ever since I can remeber. My Grandad was an RAFVR flying instructor on Chipmunks. he showed me his old leather helmet and pilots notes for the Harvard and Chipmunk, and that was it, I was hooked! :)
When Im not studying or flightsimming, I can generally be found in a bar somewhere on campus, although I also do a lot of stuff with the university thatre group as a stage manager and general purpose techiee/dogsbody :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back