Bomb Bays

Boeing B-17G Fortress Load 1:
 

Attachments

  • Boeing_B17_Load_1_Dev.jpg
    Boeing_B17_Load_1_Dev.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 585
Boeing B-17G Fortress Load 4:
 

Attachments

  • Boeing_B17_Load_4_Dev.jpg
    Boeing_B17_Load_4_Dev.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 561
Thanks :)

I have a question:

I know the Luftwaffe used a 'cluster adapter' to group 100 lb bombs together, but did the USAAF or RAF? I ask because I'm looking at some mission reports for B-24s and despite only having 20 bomb rack positions, they often carries 40 or 50 100 lb bombs - so I'm curious, but have had no luck finding info on the adapter/rack/cluster thingy..:|
 
Boeing B-29 Superfortress:

Load 3: 40 x 500 lb Incendiary clusters
 

Attachments

  • Boeing_B29_Load_3_Dev.jpg
    Boeing_B29_Load_3_Dev.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 894
Last edited:
Boeing B-29 Superfortress:

Load 4: 1 x Mk 1 Atomic bomb 'Little Boy'
 

Attachments

  • Boeing_B29_Load_4_Dev.jpg
    Boeing_B29_Load_4_Dev.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,009
Consolidated B-24J Liberator:

Load 3: 44 x 100 lb GP bombs + 2 x 500 lb clusters
 

Attachments

  • Consolidated_B24_Load_3_Dev.jpg
    Consolidated_B24_Load_3_Dev.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,069

Users who are viewing this thread

Back