Bomb loader/trailer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
I'm thinking of adding some figures to the F4U build, a couple of ground crew and a pilot. I'd also like to stick a bomb trailer in there, there's a 1000lb bomb fitted to the bird. Is there a kit available? Or would I need to try and scrath build one? Anyone got any pics of WW2 trailers/loaders?

Micdrow posted some pics of various bomb trolleys and loaders a couple months back M. I think they'll be in the albums somewhere. There's a Luftwaffe bomb cart in 1/48th, that's a bit like the ones used for the Corsair. It's either Hasegawa or Tamiya, as part of a set of groundcrew etc.
It'll probably be easier, and a LOT cheaper, to scratch-build one though.
I've got one of those big 3 wheeled jobbies, used for bombers, if that's any good? It's part of the B17G kit, and it's been sitting unassembled for at least 18 years! Probably not used with Corsairs though, unless for delivering to dispersals!
I'd thought of using it with the B26, but I'll scratch-build a proper trolley instead.

Cheers Terry, I'll check out the album section, I was just being lazy! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back