Bomber Command Museum of Canada, Nanton, Alberta

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought I'd perhaps resurrect this old thread and drum up some pics and videos taken over the last few years since I've neglected this - if there's interest.

Last week we held another successful "Bikes and Bombers" fundraising event where folks come and show of their motorbikes and the museum pulls out their stuff and does some engine runs.

I took this with my iPhone of something you don't see everyday - a Fleet Fawn trainer engine start. I had hoped to upload a video but the file is too large and I'm pretty green at movie editing.

IMG_0189.JPG

The museum also has a nicely restored Bollingbroke painted up as the mount of P/O Barry Davidsonof my home town, Calgary. Davidson was the famous "Scrounger" of the Great Escape fame and his son, also named Barry, is on our board of directors for the Mosquito and Hurricane restoration projects.

IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
13070605.jpg
IMG_5996.JPG
IMG_5999.JPG

Last Saturday, after a day working on the Mosquito, a group of our volunteers and me stayed down at the Bomber Command Museum of Canada in Nanton to attend a fund raising dinner and auction to help with the costs of a planned expansion of the museum to house its growing collection of artifacts and to provide a large taxi area for the Lancaster and other operable aircraft at the facility. After a wonderful dinner of BBQ hickory smoked roast beef and a live and silent auction, we headed outdoors for an exciting night engine run of the Lancaster. Here are a couple of pics and short video clips that I took of that event. Great to see all 4 Merlins spitting blue flames!

20170513_223423 reduced.jpg
20170513_224136 reduced.jpg
20170513_223538 reduced.jpg

Attachments

• 20170513_223424.mp4
    56.2 MB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back