Boston and Ventura

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Something on Boston engine cowls for you , DB-7B (Boston III) and A-20A's ran the same cowls with single exhaust, what many don't know is the standard and "Tropical" cowls are the same things, the Tropical holes are in all cowls on these models , 8 small cover plates just need to be removed , not done on European aircraft but done on US A-20A's and Australian DB-7B's in the Pacific , hence the belief they ran different cowls, if you look closely at RAF Boston III's in Europe you can see the small oval covers, most people don't notice.

DB-7B (Boston III)/A-20A cowls.
Boston engine cowl.JPG
Boston III.PNG

Last edited:
Great pictures. Is it just a single exhaust pipe or is there one on the other side of the nacelle, too?

Hi All,

I seem to have neglected to post some progress pictures - here we go. At 1/48 scale and bigger I think the control surfaces should be separate. You don't see full size aircraft parked with the surfaces all straight and level. I cut the elevators and rudder off. These will be reattached later with a bit of deflection on them.
14 FF_Bosven 2110 1.jpg
15 FF_Bosven 2110 2.jpg

I want to have the Boston with a bomb load, but the bombs in the kit aren't that good. So, it was a case of scratch building the bomb bay. Also a bit of a chance to check the fit of the Vector cockpit - perfect fit.
16 FF_Bosven 2110 3.jpg
17 FF_Bosven 2110 4.jpg
19 FF_Bosven 2210 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back