Britishness (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never get between a Scotsman and his pint!

Nothing wrong with the Scots...but add booze and stand a safe distance. Jeckell and Hyde stuff.

I still don't get the transformation.

I take it that you know what you're talking about Les, wearing skirts and all that I mean..... Kilts are good though, when you need to get ready for "combat" with the ladies....right basket?

:lol:

Well Lucky's motto has allways been:

sheep.jpg

I think Lucky and Lanc would have gotten along just fine! :lol:

To be honest, one of the things that does annoy me about being British is the way we are represented. Every time I seem to catch a British character on some terminally unfunny American sitcom they always talk in the bizarre tone as if they were a 1930's aristocrat. Needless to say that I've never heard used here! Trivial perhaps, but what is more serious is our control freak government, where everything is being taxed under the 'green' mantra, activities are being restricted by the PC brigade and an electoral system that just leaves me feeling completely alienated. On the other hand, we do seem a pretty tolerant people where you don't get the racial or social problems that occur in certain other countries, a really interesting history and some fairly decent TV!

I am an Englishman living in Scotland so the kilt is a total mystery to me as well.

Hey Aussie...might rain here later!

I'd like to say that I visited the UK twenty years ago and enjoyed it tremendously; especially Scotland, take note Basket.

Gee, I wonder what is really in Loch Ness. One of my stops.

:)

It is indeed. I liked hiking the trails around there and a few other parts of the central lowlands, as well as up around Inverness. I used to think Nova Scotia got a lot of rain, until I visited Scotland. :lol:

Seriously though, beautiful country.

Quote:
and just a weeeee bit shorter than the Frenchies

Now that's enough! Our willies are NEVER smaller than a Frenchman's…. And! We still have 2 fingers to draw the Longbow, Pierre!

More importantly, we still stuffed the Froggies at Rugby last night - now who's got the smaller willies?

(And to our Antipodean colleagues: JOLLY hard luck old man, jolly hard luck!) :laughing8:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back