Buchons, Spits, Bearcats, and a real Pilot (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdler,

You fly?
I'd love to fly but now have 5 kid$ - oldest is dangerou$ly clo$e to collage age.
Dream of owning uber DynAero fading fast...
Flown a friends C152 more than FAA would like (no worry - he was with me)
Landings scare the cr@p outta me.

Yes I have a PPL but I rarely fly. It is quite difficult to fly over here in Germany when you dont own your own aircraft. I would love to own my own Cessna one day and maybe even a float plane when I am in Alaska.

I also was a UH-60 Blackhawk Crew Chief for the last 6 years in the Army before I got out a few months ago. Racked up 1500 hours of flight time in the Crewchief/Gunner seat (not exactly flying the helicopter though, but still hella fun).

You missed a good couple of things Chinny;

The 109G uses a different engine generally with more power and a different ability to withhold engine RPM. And then there's the entirely different propeller - not just the positioning of it.

The Buchon also mounts guns in its wings which causes interference drag, the original 109s' didn't.

Btw, the different and larger front end adds alot of drag believe it or not, adding alot of bulges to the airframe: http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Dietsch/3972L.jpg

That big bulge under the engine caused by the oil-cooler actually creates alot of turbulens under the fuselage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back