CA13 Boomerang under side colour? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sir Francis

Airman
May 27, 2007
Hi,

I've got the airfix 1/72 kit for this little beauty. The instructions say underside is vellum? Can anybody please tell me what colour that is what Tamiya / Humbrol etc colour to use?

Cheers

While I won't say exactly what the colours are here are a couple of shots taken at the Point Cook Museum a fortnight ago while at the Model Expo.
I have not altered the 3 shots but one is certainly a little darker than the other two.

Enjoy.....

Attachments

• Boomerang wa_6294a.jpg
    Boomerang wa_6294a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Boomerang wb_6295a.jpg
    Boomerang wb_6295a.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Boomerang wc_6296a.jpg
    Boomerang wc_6296a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 149
Nice shots Wayne, is that in the workshop?

Also is the DH Rapid or Dragonfly ( i have the name wrong I think ) in the foreground>?

Heinz, I don't think this is in the workshop, but is a second Hangar which you only have access via a caged viewing platform along one side.
Don't recall what aircraft is in the foreground will have to check some other images and post them for you.

Heinz, I don't think this is in the workshop, but is a second Hangar which you only have access via a caged viewing platform along one side.
Don't recall what aircraft is in the foreground will have to check some other images and post them for you.

The registration on the tail, VH-AML, reveals the aircraft as a De Havilland DH 84 Dragon. It was restored to airworthy condition at Jandakot WA. An old book I have says it appeared in a television mini-series in the 1980s (I don't know what).
Nice Boomerang photos Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back